Your Top 20 Cricketers of all time
I know we do this rating stuff a bit, but the overrated subcontinent players thread made me think about this. Who would you say are the twenty greatest cricketers of all time? Selections could be based on any criteria you like. Playing ability, influence on the game, etc etc.
Here's my first crack at a top 5:
1. Don Bradman. Peerless as a batsman, in spite of what some morons might suggest. Was not the most loved figure by all, but many speak very highly of him. Spent decades as an administrator and selector, and his opinion carried enormous weight for a very long time.
2. WG Grace. Credited with 'inventing' modern batting, particularly in regards to footwork. Was regarded as the second most most recognisable figure within the British empire during his remarkably long playing career.
3. Shane Warne. The master of cricket's most difficult craft. A genius at creating moments. Always reliable in his team's moment of need.
4. Frank Worrell. The first black man to regularly captain the West Indies. An inspirational leader, underrated cricketer and humble gentleman.
5. Imran Khan. Capable of drawing together a disparate Pakistani team as a leader. Great all rounder and highly influential in many spheres.