• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the most overated player from the subcontinent, ever?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Unsure myself. I can think of plenty, but don't want to be called out as a troll.

Discuss.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You could argue Tendulkar seeing as some say he is better than Bradman. Tough one as most of the rated ones are rated the world over anyway.

Though Fawad Ahmed is a strong case at present.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Zaheer Abbas

Beautiful to watch unless the bowlers were quick and then became one of the few top level test batsmen I have seen consistently back away as he did not fancy it at all

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
You could argue Tendulkar seeing as some say he is better than Bradman. Tough one as most of the rated ones are rated the world over anyway.

Though Fawad Ahmed is a strong case at present.
Wait till he plays a test buddy, has to play before he can be rated...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It's possible to rate a player without seeing him in tests, just sayin.
Yeah absolutely, but hapless SS batsmen and English test batsmen are different fish. The media is saying he could be the next Warne - which he probably won't,but you have to let him try first.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah absolutely, but hapless SS batsmen and English test batsmen are different fish. The media is saying he could be the next Warne - which he probably won't,but you have to let him try first.
Haha serious? Didn't realise he was being hyped that much over there.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think that they are saying that tbh

They are saying that he could be our best since Warne and when you consider that his competition is crocked McGill, novice Lyon, OKish Hauritz and <insert name of random hack here>, it isn't a huge leap

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha serious? Didn't realise he was being hyped that much over there.
well, it's more like he is meant to be the answer to Warne, the spinner that is actually good after 13 or 14 failed attempts to find his successor. The best since Warne basically is what they are saying.

EDIT: well, pretty much what social said then.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Zaheer Abbas

Beautiful to watch unless the bowlers were quick and then became one of the few top level test batsmen I have seen consistently back away as he did not fancy it at all
Decent call. English fans of my generation tend to over-rate him because of those massive innings he played over here in 1971 & 1974, but once you read about how he went elsewhere you think again.