Page 98 of 223 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3333
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: **Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Come on, one more wicket. Would be really good to get Munro in before the ball is nice and old for him to smack it around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

That ****ing attack watchman is standing very still at the crease, thwarting Jeets' push for victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Ajaz is a left arm spinner who bats in the lower order and joins the Devon Hotel Central Stags contracted list for the first time. In his debut year for the Stags Ajaz proved in Plunket Shield cricket, and in tandem with Tarun Nethula, that he can be a match winner. Formally a left arm pace bowler Ajaz only recently started bowling spin, and with this rapid rise to first class cricket, his progress in the coming season will be watched with much interest.
    This is a small red flag to me. He is 24 years old and he has just taken up spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    What an effort from Jeets. Get'im in da team.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Ah good, Wellington need 80 off 21 overs. The second straight week JimmyGS will be bowling two bouncers an over, testing the umpire's discretion with the other four.

Haha, there's his first wide. Get Ronchi in there.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Come on, one more wicket. Would be really good to get Munro in before the ball is nice and old for him to smack it around.
    But why did CD bat so long this morning? Did they really think Auckland would get 349 from 73 overs? As pace bowling is their strength, why wouldn't they have wanted at least 5 overs with a second new ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Cricket: Bennett has put injury nightmare to bed - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Sounds like a pretty positive and proactive guy. Can't have been easy being kept out of all cricket for 2 years. Really hope he can continue his good start to the season
    Good article, I'm delighted with how well he has been going this season in his comeback to FC cricket.

Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by vandem View Post
    But why did CD bat so long this morning? Did they really think Auckland would get 349 from 73 overs? As pace bowling is their strength, why wouldn't they have wanted at least 5 overs with a second new ball?
    The deep shame of cutting a deal with Wellington last month and losing.

Anyway, Heinrich's in an awkward spot with KNB as captain tbh. "Thanks Kieran, but I really liked the South African-style no-nonsense run production of this guy who averages 45 to your 30, Hay. We've got a good biffer in Trego for now, thanks".

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    So after 4 rounds Canterbury are top with Wellington in second

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Bennett and Tastle...they've been brilliant so far this year. 34 wickets at 25 between them.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 14-12-2013 at 11:37 PM.

I can't remember if it was here or cricsim I picked Canterbury to win it because they were the most likely team to retain most of their good players from international duty. Looking good so far, even though half the top order can barely buy a run. How many 50s has Brownlie scored in a row btw? Seems to get a start every game then fail to convert.

Frustrating draw for CD. The patented Plunket Tail Wag strikes again. We desperately need some runs because 4-7 can't save us every game. I wonder if Smith has changed his technique from last season too, since I didn't recognise him the first time I watched him in the vault this year and I remember him having a compact How/Cachopa hybrid style, but maybe that is just my memory playing tricks on me.

Phlegm's just reminded me that I never ended up making a post in here after my seeing Hay in the vault, so I thought I'd do so now. His footwork was by and large very good - predominately a back foot player but he got forward when it was pitched up and even played a very nice drives off the spinners, and he has a good defensive setup on both foot.. He was very good at using the pace of the quicks to hit the ball behind square, as we've always heard.

His front foot game against the quicks, despite reasonably footwork, still leaves a lot to be desired though. He definitely likes to throw his hands at it outside off even when his feet aren't quite there (which isn't a criticism of his footwork as much as his shot selection, as such) and he definitely isn't a player you'd ever accuse of having "time". I reckon the first thing every batting coach he's had would try to do with him is change that backlift; he basically goes through the initial whole process of playing a shot 1.5 times every ball, which gives him less time to actually get his hands through, creating the appearance of being so late on everything. I can definitely see why he wasn't particularly high in the Test match pecking order earlier on despite his good numbers but he should be in the CD team.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Phlegm's just reminded me that I never ended up making a post in here after my seeing Hay in the vault, so I thought I'd do so now. His footwork was by and large very good - predominately a back foot player but he got forward when it was pitched up and even played a very nice drives off the spinners, and he has a good defensive setup on both foot.. He was very good at using the pace of the quicks to hit the ball behind square, as we've always heard.

His front foot game against the quicks, despite reasonably footwork, still leaves a lot to be desired though. He definitely likes to throw his hands at it outside off even when his feet aren't quite there (which isn't a criticism of his footwork as much as his shot selection, as such) and he definitely isn't a player you'd ever accuse of having "time". I reckon the first thing every batting coach he's had would try to do with him is change that backlift; he basically goes through the initial whole process of playing a shot 1.5 times every ball, which gives him less time to actually get his hands through, creating the appearance of being so late on everything. I can definitely see why he wasn't particularly high in the Test match pecking order earlier on despite his good numbers but he should be in the CD team.
    I did.

There's a shot in there off Michael Bates (iirc) where he just treated him with disdain. He saw it so early and even though it would have been a high risk shot to someone 10kph faster, he just put it through his favourite area regardless and make it look so easy.

But yeah as I said in my own post, everyone who has seen him must be amazed by that ridiculous backlift. Martin Crowe, that well known lover of huge back lifts, will kill a puppy the day he sees it.

edit: which two would you have picked for England 2008 out of interest, now you have seen all three bat: Marshall, Flynn, Hay?
    Last edited by Flem274*; 15-12-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I did.
    I know, that's why I brought it up.

I think he sees it early enough, that's why he can "get away" with that backlift, but it does make it appear as if he's rushing to play his shot at the last minute all the time despite getting into position early, which is really strange. I suppose you could say that he has time but doesn't use it effectively.

Thread Information