Page 77 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3333
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: **Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

  1. #1141
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,959
    Great that Henry Walsh made a contribution.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  2. #1142
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,959
    Hey - Hurricane, I thought these Friday night matches at the stadium were supposed to bring in bigger crowds than a day game at the Basin?

    If there were more than 700 people there last night, I'd be surprised.

    Maybe if you add in the extra staff required to hold a game there, there might have been a thousand.

    Sort your **** out, NZC.

  3. #1143
    U19 Captain Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    683
    You guys a fighting a straw man, Friday night games are for TV, and at the stadium because they have lights.

  4. #1144
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    You guys a fighting a straw man, Friday night games are for TV, and at the stadium because they have lights.
    When this first came in a year ago, Hurricane suggested it was because more people would attend the games as you could stroll along to the Westpac after work.

    I contended that was a false assumption.


  5. #1145
    U19 Captain Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    683
    Definitely a false assumption.

  6. #1146
    U19 12th Man Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    229
    Was probably a bigger crowd at the T20 on Tuesday, 4pm start at the Basin.

    Cracker day here in Welly, 4pm at the Basin and the crowd would be massive.

  7. #1147
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    478
    Did Wellington win this game or Auckland?!

  8. #1148
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Prensel View Post
    Did Wellington win this game or Auckland?!
    Auckland won with 1 ball to spare.

    It was a pretty abject match though tbh.

    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd.

    EDIT: NB I didn't pay for my ticket, which is why I considered it worthwhile going.
    Prensel and Prince EWS like this.

  9. #1149
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    478
    So confused, just figured out that Wellington played 2 games in 2 days.

  10. #1150
    International Coach KiWiNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the kitchen
    Posts
    10,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Was probably a bigger crowd at the T20 on Tuesday, 4pm start at the Basin.

    Cracker day here in Welly, 4pm at the Basin and the crowd would be massive.
    Nah, 4pm at the Basin is still ridiculous. My sister and partner said they would have gone if it didn't start so early on a weekday. People still have to work for a living.

  11. #1151
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,151
    Well I can't be too hard on CD losing to a combined Australia/Wellington eleven in our worst format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  12. #1152
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,068
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Auckland won with 1 ball to spare.

    It was a pretty abject match though tbh.

    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd.

    EDIT: NB I didn't pay for my ticket, which is why I considered it worthwhile going.
    Christ. Please tell me this is an embellished story. And that the real truth is you casually remarked to your mate "why is this being played at the basin" in a quiet voice.

    Either way I have been struggling to think of what to use as my sig for a while and that will do nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

  13. #1153
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Christ. Please tell me this is an embellished story. And that the real truth is you casually remarked to your mate "why is this being played at the basin" in a quiet voice.
    Not embellished - check with 16Tins.

    EDIT: Though to be fair, with the stadium being so empty you didn't really have to shout for it to be heard by everyone.
    Last edited by HeathDavisSpeed; 24-11-2013 at 01:10 AM.

  14. #1154
    U19 12th Man Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Nah, 4pm at the Basin is still ridiculous. My sister and partner said they would have gone if it didn't start so early on a weekday. People still have to work for a living.
    I was meaning on the Saturday.

  15. #1155
    U19 Captain Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    683
    Provincial A tournament.

    I see that Auck A v ND A has been played and is part of the tournament. I assume this was a multi-day game? So the tourney this year will have more substance than just 10 days if white ball cricket?

    If so, good work someone at NZC for rectifying an obvious gaping hole.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. **Official** Zimbabwean Domestic Season 2013/14
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 16-04-2014, 10:28 PM
  2. **Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14
    By Spikey in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4900
    Last Post: 26-03-2014, 11:42 PM
  3. **Official** South African Domestic Season 2013/14
    By SeamUp in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 18-03-2014, 12:13 AM
  4. Replies: 3313
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM
  5. ***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09***
    By Silver Arrow in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •