• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh, CD's supposed to have the best fast bowling attack in the country and today they have:

Milne
Badenhorst
Nethula
Patel
(Trego)

at University Oval

Bracewell, Wheeler, Small all injured?

Good chance for Milne I guess.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
A long time between wickets for Duffy, so that will be a bit of relief.

I watched a bit of him on the vault from the last game, he still can get lovely late (but slight) out swing when he pitches up, however drifted down leg far too often, and also got monstered whenever he dropped short by Papps/Pollard etc.

kippax, did you hint VJ was doing some work on his action? From what I saw he has a noticeably longer follow through, is now normal where as he used to stop with about 2 steps after release.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket: Wells credits coach for bowling success | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News

Central has made one change from the side which drew with Auckland in Napier last week. Legspinner Tarun Nethula comes in for injured seamer Doug Bracewell (adductor strain)
No mention of why Wheeler is absent. He's listed as 12th man but surely surely they didn't prefer the second spinner and Badenhorst over him :wacko:.

Henry missing the Canterbury game due to hamstring issues.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
12-oopm; Carl Cachopa, cut in chin
kippax, did you hint VJ was doing some work on his action? From what I saw he has a noticeably longer follow through, is now normal where as he used to stop with about 2 steps after release.
Yes that was mentioned after the HRV Cup, he didn't really have a good spell after that.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
CD are a lot like the current West Indies. Curious selections, an all-rounder captain who doesn't really deserve to be in the side, an old school "man up, princess! everything can be solved with a bit more heart and grit!" vibe, a macho bull pen of young bowlers who bowl too short and with dodgy seam presentation.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Jesse contributing with the ball. Would love to get some overs out of him in the ODI's.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well if he wants to commit to being an opener, despite my scepticism, there's likely an NZ spot up for grabs in the near future.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well if he wants to commit to being an opener, despite my scepticism, there's likely an NZ spot up for grabs in the near future.
Flem will rightfully point out that Raval should be given first dibs unless he has a shocking season. Possibly even Papps too.

Latham for me is like Milne. I want him in the team but he's got to properly prove himself first.