• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be good if Dry suggested they have a look at this Taita 17-year-old Chander Ravi in the National A tournament in a couple of weeks, actually. More for the immediate sake of Bradburn's U19s than Welllington per se, who will probably feel compelled to boom it with Elliott at 3 for several more years.

More of a composed anchoring bat than RW, he had a very good 92(148) knock against Easts for the U20s. There he is getting out in the Gillette Cup last week, but I see he made a dominant 124 a day or two later -
Gillette Cup Scots College v Otago BHS. Highlights Ver 1. 11-12-2013. - YouTube

So yeah, a pair of Asian Wellingtonians could be opening in an U19 World Cup. We haven't brought so much to the table since Franklin and JP McNamee's 1998 heroics.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It would be good if Dry suggested they have a look at this Taita 17-year-old Chander Ravi in the National A tournament in a couple of weeks, actually. More for the immediate sake of Bradburn's U19s than Welllington per se, who will probably feel compelled to boom it with Elliott at 3 for several more years.

More of a composed anchoring bat than RW, he had a very good 92(148) knock against Easts for the U20s. There he is getting out in the Gillette Cup last week, but I see he made a dominant 124 a day or two later -
Gillette Cup Scots College v Otago BHS. Highlights Ver 1. 11-12-2013. - YouTube

So yeah, a pair of Asian Wellingtonians could be opening in an U19 World Cup. We haven't brought so much to the table since Franklin and JP McNamee's 1998 heroics.
My colleague watched the whole Gillette cup tournament. Reckons the CHBS openers were the business. Stanley and Burnett with Burnett being better. Scot colleges other player is a "Lawrence" I think. He took 2/11 off ten overs in one game. And bats number 3. I guess in high school it is not a big deal to bat 3 and open the bowling. You already know this but just for others Ravi is a decent spinner too.

There was a Mount Albert Grammar batsman who was outstanding as well. Actually scrub that they're twins the Dhadwells?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
My colleague watched the whole Gillette cup tournament. Reckons the CHBS openers were the business. Stanley and Burnett with Burnett being better. Scot colleges other player is a "Lawrence" I think. He took 2/11 off ten overs in one game. And bats number 3. I guess in high school it is not a big deal to bat 3 and open the bowling. You already know this but just for others Ravi is a decent spinner too.

There was a Mount Albert Grammar batsman who was outstanding as well. Actually scrub that they're twins the Dhadwells?
Yeah all of your intel there is backed up by the stats, by the looks.

The Home of CricketArchive

The Home of CricketArchive

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Albi to laugh at how schoolboyish that loop is from Ravi, but Bradburn with relish the balanced skill set he offers his skipper in Dubai conditions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Albi to laugh at how schoolboyish that loop is from Ravi, but Bradburn with relish the balanced skill set he offers his skipper in Dubai conditions.

[Sodhi] [Tastle]
[x] [x] Can bat
[x] [x] Can bowl slow pies
[x] [ ] Can bowl flat pies

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tastle has allegedly been working on more pace through the air. Yet to see it though.
The thing about Todd Astle is that he just doesn't really put that much on the ball by Test spinner standards. If he bowls quicker through the air he won't get enough turn or drift to trouble anyone; he pretty much has to bowl at the pace he bowls to create problems unless he just straight up becomes a much better bowler. I really like him but I think if he's going to make it as a Test cricketer it has to be at least partly on the strength of his batting, and he will never be a stock bowler.

A good coach would probably be able to get Phlegm to bowl 80km/hr with a leg spin action within a couple of seasons but they'd be nude balls.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Scot's qualified for the final of the GC? :blink:

Historically not the strongest sporting school.
without knowing anything about anything, I'd have to guess they've made some good scholarship imports.

Hate to see Wellington going the way of the Auckland schools but I guess Coll have been doing it for years and they're meant to be a public school...

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Scot's qualified for the final of the GC? :blink:

Historically not the strongest sporting school.
A lot of investment has gone into that scool of late. They have their own indoor facility and I beleive they have quite a strong fill time coaching staff.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I watched some Matt Henry in the vault v ND, trying to get a decent look at him v LHers as he had a decent bowl at Flynn and Devcich with the new ball. Gee, Devcich plays with a closed face, he looked pretty awful. But anyway, was hard to tell as was front on camera, but my god he bowls we'll to RHers, he had Kugs playing and missing 5 times in a row at one stage.

Speaking of Kugs, watched his opening spell, and he was good (to Latham, Brownlie, Stewart, plus Nicol who he got first ball). Really worked over Stewart before getting him played-on. Prior to this I had only watched his wicket balls on the scorecards this season, but I reckon he is really progressing, he may eventually overtake some of the more fancied bowlers currently rated ahead of him.

Also watched Bennett last night, so memory more scratchy, but also good, Canty should use a short leg when he is bowling based on that game.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Four Wellington Players Selected for NZ Under 19 Wider Squad | Cricket Wellington

The New Zealand U19 selectors Bruce Edgar (General Manager NZ Selection) and Grant Bradburn (NZ U19 Coach) have named the squad of 30 for the ICC U19 World Cup in Dubai during February 2014.

Auckland Shawn Hicks
Auckland Dane Watson
Auckland Robert O’Donnell
Auckland Andrew Morrison
Auckland Brett Randell
Canterbury Ken McClure
Canterbury Leo Carter
Canterbury Kyle Jamieson
Canterbury Jack Boyle
Canterbury Jeremy Benton
Central Districts Nick Blundell
Central Districts Henry Collier
Central Districts Arana Noema-Barnett
Central Districts Graeme Tryon
Central Districts Navin Patel
Northern Districts Cameron Gibbons
Northern Districts Tim Seifert
Northern Districts Kurtley Watson
Northern Districts Sam Cooper
Northern Districts Harley Jenkins
Northern Districts Scott Tallott
Northern Districts Luke Williamson
Otago Alec Hodgson
Otago Josh Finney
Otago Michael Rae
Otago Jack Hunter
Wellington Rakitha Weerasundara
Wellington Troy Johnson
Wellington Brett Johnson
Wellington Lachie Johns

The final 15 selected for the u19 World Cup will be announced on the 8th January.
My boi Ravi can't make it? In fact, none of the Gillette Cup's century scorers can.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
ND having the most players in the squad with Bradburn as coach and selector? Never!

Is Luke Williamson a relative of KW? Same province etc..