• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bennett got well and truly Rydered from the looks of things. Shouldn't worry too much, it happens to the best of them.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm happy to see Ryder scoring some runs against a genuinely quick bowler since he looked a bit out of touch when Kuggs went up around the 140 mark in a t20.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I'm happy to see Ryder scoring some runs against a genuinely quick bowler since he looked a bit out of touch when Kuggs went up around the 140 mark in a t20.
nah, he was just looking to time everything and play late, otherwise he would have been fine with that pace. He was playing Boult wellish at around the same speed

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
nah, he was just looking to time everything and play late, otherwise he would have been fine with that pace. He was playing Boult wellish at around the same speed
Yeah, probably right.

Anyway, another hundred for Jesse. Hopefully he can push on and make it a big one.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nope, no huge ton for Jesse - Tastle's incredible cbf honey trap wins out in the end. Still, a run a ball 120 should be enough to induce the usual "Jesse Ryder's a freak, get 'im in the team!" media reaction.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Out for 120 to Astle. I imagine it was caught on the boundary.

I was initially against him being selected for the Windies tour but it's hard to ignore this form. Could he be a straight swap for Williamson? Uggh, McCullum really does need to go back to opening.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nope, no huge ton for Jesse - Tastle's incredible cbf honey trap wins out in the end. Still, a run a ball 120 should be enough to induce the usual "Jesse Ryder's a freak, get 'im in the team!" media reaction.
yeah but it's hard to argue with them really. He's undeniably the second best batsman playing competitive cricket in NZ.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Glad to see Bracewell in the runs too. He seems a so much more confident and accomplished player than he was even a year ago.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Will be interesting to see how much the pitch has dried out, with pace not being able to take a wicket today even though the seamers accounted for all 10 yesterday on a pretty green deck

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Bonus points, bonus points.

Because if there's one thing Kiwi teams need after getting to say 250/2, it's the incentive to add a quickfire 150.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Will be interesting to see how much the pitch has dried out, with pace not being able to take a wicket today even though the seamers accounted for all 10 yesterday on a pretty green deck
Hmmm. Your post was made at 2.57pm, so I reckon Hamish Bennett got two wickets as you were typing that. Which has to be one of the finest hexes ever.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Hmmm. Your post was made at 2.57pm, so I reckon Hamish Bennett got two wickets as you were typing that. Which has to be one of the finest hexes ever.
Yeah he picked up 3 straight after i posted that. Goes to show how useful a quicker bowler can be to mop up the lower order.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, despite the fact that Bennett hasn't picked up many top order wickets so far, I think he's a good bowler - but ideally a 3rd seamer not an opening bowler.

God I really hope the selectors drop (Doug) Bracewell. He's a less justifiable selection than Darren Sammy right now.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Glad to see Bracewell in the runs too. He seems a so much more confident and accomplished player than he was even a year ago.
I have a sneaking suspicion that M Bracewell will be the next in the long line of promising, but ultimately unproven players to be drafted into the team ahead of proven domestic performers.
It kinda makes me hate him already, tbh.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Please for M Bracewell, I really like him. And, no, I don't understand the wrist thing Hurricane talks about.

My like is mainly based on last season watching in the vault his first 30 or so balls to see how he played/left early in his innings. I haven't accesed the vault proper so far this season.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I have a sneaking suspicion that M Bracewell will be the next in the long line of promising, but ultimately unproven players to be drafted into the team ahead of proven domestic performers.
It kinda makes me hate him already, tbh.
Nah. Now that we actually have A tours. They will be used as stepping stones. Cachopa performed on A tour, so he is ahead of Bracewell.

Bracewell (and Raval) should now be a shoe-in for next A tour, assuming form doesn't die away during the HRV window.