• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And Brownlie goes for another frustrating start. He's probably hoping that the rest of the Canterbury batting falls over so that he can look good by comparison.

Flem274*

123/5
May as well just say it now:

Devcich>Rutherford, in both limited overs formats. And probably tests too just cos I feel like trolling Flem.
Doing more than a bloke struggling to bring his average above 20 domestically isn't setting a very high bar tbh.

Brownlie might be frustrating, but at least he's getting starts. Fulton needs runs.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
May as well just say it now:

Devcich>Rutherford, in both limited overs formats. And probably tests too just cos I feel like trolling Flem.
Devcich scoring even a third of Rutherford's HS 62(35) against a top 8 would be ****ing kalamitous for the Kippax Kares for Kricket foundation. We're putting close to the full balance on a 0-20 score for Devcich every time there's lateral movement likely. Pallekele under lights tonight for instance.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Or it might be performance (less likely), but I've still not seen Duffy bowl as well as he did as a 17 year old on FC debut.
Yeah the last time Duffy had a good outing was January, I guess. VJ was "trying to put twink on the Mona Lisa" with action changes shortly after the HRV final, according to Michael Bracewell/Dr Death.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, it's up to you guys. I do see Devcich as "a bowler who needs to go" while he's still in NZ teams, but we don't need to go crazy.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Canterbury collapse in a heap.

Didn't really think there was much to this bowling attack tbh.

Has Beard been selected as a batsman??? Must just be a major green top.

Flem274*

123/5
Can't be that green if CantBatury have two spinners and Otago have three.

Wagner aside, not the greatest side to fall in a heap to on paper, though Soper keeps doing the business and I like the look of Craig.

Soper of all bowlers has been listed as left arm fast on cricinfo btw.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
Canterbury collapse in a heap.

Didn't really think there was much to this bowling attack tbh.

Has Beard been selected as a batsman??? Must just be a major green top.
Can't be that green if CantBatury have two spinners and Otago have three.

Wagner aside, not the greatest side to fall in a heap to on paper, though Soper keeps doing the business and I like the look of Craig.

Soper of all bowlers has been listed as left arm fast on cricinfo btw.
Don't underrate Sam Wells with the ball. The guy averaged 23 last season, and has contributed well again in this game.

Good to see Ryder get a bit of success as well, his bowling has been pretty ineffective in recent times.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Wow even Hamish Bennett is getting in on the lower order batsman's paradise that is the PS.
I can't believe Quinn got a 50 last week, I thought he was as big a bunny as you could get ( apart from Martin).

Saw the boundaries, and he looked very ungainly.

Flem274*

123/5
Can we honestly just **** off with the tail wagging in the Shield? It used to be funny but now it's just sad. I suppose getting carted by the number ten is a two wicket improvement over the number eight like last year, but isn't the number ten meant to be worse?