• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Flem274*

123/5
Otago just became favourites for the season provided they can get their hands on Rutherford and Wagner for large parts of it. Add those two to a team that will have the likes of Ryder, Broom and Butler all season and they're looking good.

Probably a bit much to expect McCullum to play for them a lot since he plays all three forms for NZ.

Rutherford
Redmond
Bracewell?
Ryder
Broom
Wells/Neesham
de Boorder
NcCullum/Beard
Wagner
Butler
Duffy

That's pretty good.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody ridiculous. May as well demote Wellington to 2nd class now. No chance of winning any title except Lowest Wage Bill of a Professional Sports Team.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh, yet another chapter in Jesse's never ending quest to find himself. I don't want to be too cynical, but given all the murmers about him being on thin ice with Wellington Cricket over his behaviour prior to the assault case, it's hard to interpret his search for a "change of scene" as anything other than him once again looking for a less demanding environment that allows him to coast through on the back of his reputation and performances at 60% of his potential.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh, yet another chapter in Jesse's never ending quest to find himself. I don't want to be too cynical, but given all the murmers about him being on thin ice with Wellington Cricket over his behaviour prior to the assault case, it's hard to interpret his search for a "change of scene" as anything other than him once again looking for a less demanding environment that allows him to coast through on the back of his reputation and performances at 60% of his potential.
this is a bit too much speculation for me.

I think most of us have felt the desire for a change of scenery every now and again. Given that he doesn't seem to have a girlfriend in Wellington or much else keeping him there other than Billy Graham, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

As far as we know his move might be motivated by the desire to face better bowlers in the nets. Or just to be part of a better team with a greater chance of winning.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
**** you Wellington ****s this is awesome.

Look forward to hitting him up at Mac's Brew Bar.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
I was trying to work out who has moved to work out who Auckland is going to steal if Carl Cachopa isn’t coming.
So based on original 14 man squads for 12/13 season these are the movements I came up with ie
Have I missed any off?

Auckland 3-5 spaces available
Gone: Vincent, Munro, McCleneghan, Tuffey, BMartin
Coming: Craig Cachopa, Hakaraia
Under pressure: McIntosh, Young

ND: 2-4 spaces
Gone: J. Marshall, Anderson, Arnel, Scott
Coming: Flynn, Kuggs
Under pressure: Styris, Yovich

Well: 2-3 spaces
Gone: Ryder, Kuggs, Boam, Elliott
Coming: Franklin, Arnel
Under Pressure: -

CD: -1 space
Gone: Sinclair
Coming: Nethula, Van Wyk
Underpressure: Kain, Badenhorst, Robinson, Smith

Otago: 2 spaces
Gone: D Broom, Rutherford, Wagner
Coming: Ryder
Underpressure: Maybe McMillian?

Cant: 0 spaces.
Gone: Latham, Fulton
Coming: Ellis, Nicol
Underpressure: -

Flem274*

123/5
Auckland don't need to steal anyone. The actual side is already jam full.

McIntosh
Guptill-Bunce
Cachopa
Kitchen
Munro
CdG
Hopkins

Or some variant will be the top seven with Hakaraia as the reserve. If anything Auckland could potentially lose players like Hakaraia to other provinces.

Flem274*

123/5
Anyway I think CD will roll with:

How
Raval
Cachopa
Hay
Young
KNB
Kruger
Bracewell
Nethula
Milne
Wheeler

With at least one of Small, Mathieson, Lamb and Badenhorst waiting in the wings for the bowling. I don't think we will be able to keep all four.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
Auckland don't need to steal anyone. The actual side is already jam full.

McIntosh
Guptill-Bunce
Cachopa
Kitchen
Munro
CdG
Hopkins

Or some variant will be the top seven with Hakaraia as the reserve. If anything Auckland could potentially lose players like Hakaraia to other provinces.
I wonder if McIntosh has run his race, he has now been dropped for large parts of two first class seasons in a row. We had only two fifties from openers last season Barry & McIntosh, not great returns, someone like Ben Smith or Robinson could see an opening there and come up and force there way in.

Personally I would swap Cachopa and Kitchen around or bat Hopkins at 3.

In other news... big john is gone now too

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And the rat-king jumps from the sinking ship.

A muddle-minded appointment from the start, but one who seemed to generally stand for common-sense and forward-looking decision-making. You can see why he didn't last long in an organisation like the NZC.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
•The GM National Selection be involved in all selection aspects of NZC’s high performance teams – the BLACKCAPS, New Zealand A and New Zealand Under-19.
•The head coaches of the BLACKCAPS and White Ferns have the final say on the selection of their respective teams.
New Zealand Cricket - Head coaches to have final say on selections
and now McHesson has been confirmed as being in ultimate control of team selection, seams a bit riduculous that you have a selction panel of two and one of them is always right.

Can't see to many quality aplicants for what is essentially a glorified talent scout.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Buchanan gone, is it too far-fetched to hope John Wright might be willing to come back into the fold in some capacity?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
He likes an Otago player or two (Wells, Macewell), so he could be one of the two domestic scouts. Suffice to say he's far too square and Old Zealand to slither his way under the security beams into McHesson's situation room.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I was trying to work out who has moved to work out who Auckland is going to steal if Carl Cachopa isn’t coming.
So based on original 14 man squads for 12/13 season these are the movements I came up with ie
Have I missed any off?

Auckland 3-5 spaces available
Gone: Vincent, Munro, McCleneghan, Tuffey, BMartin
Coming: Craig Cachopa, Hakaraia, Quinn (don't ask Kippax why, he just works here), Barry/Guptill-Bunce/O'Donnell
Under pressure: McIntosh, Young

ND: 2-4 spaces
Gone: J. Marshall, Anderson, Arnel, Scott
Coming: Flynn, Kuggs, Hickey, Fletcher
Under pressure: Styris, Yovich, Hampton

Well: 2-3 spaces
Gone: Ryder, Kuggs, Boam, Elliott
Coming: Franklin, Arnel, Tugaga
Under Pressure:

CD: -1 space
Gone: Sinclair
Coming: Nethula, Van Wyk
Underpressure: Kain, Badenhorst, Robinson, Smith

Otago: 2 spaces
Gone: D Broom, Rutherford, Wagner
Coming: Ryder, Ryan Duffy
Underpressure: Maybe McMillian?

Cant: 0 spaces.
Gone: Latham, Fulton
Coming: Ellis, Nicol
Underpressure: -

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Northern Knights To Build From Within | Stuff.co.nz

Northern Districts Knights to build from within
IAN ANDERSON
Last updated 05:00 20/07/2013

With no outside signings in the pipeline, it appears the new names on the Northern Knights contract list will all come from within the association.

The Knights will name between nine and 13 players contracted for the 2013/14 season by the end of next week, with the transfer window closing yesterday.

While the Northern Districts side had been looking to add a top-quality batting allrounder to their squad from outside the province, that pursuit hasn't resulted in luring a new acquisition.

Instead, new coach James Pamment will aim to build his side around a core of experienced performers and promising young talent, while looking to fill the gaps left by retired batsman James Marshall and departed seamers Brent Arnel and Bradley Scott.

The SkyCity Knights have five players with New Zealand Cricket contracts – Tim Southee, Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, BJ Watling and Corey Anderson – while Daniel Vettori opted not to be available for a NZC or ND contract while recovering from further surgery on his achilles tendon injury.

That has given Pamment, ND chief executive Peter Roach and cricket operations manager Pat Malcon scope to ensure that 20 of the association's best players will have contracts for the upcoming season, with 14 domestic contracts available.

"We've engaged in discussions with some players to see where they're at, but there's not a great capacity for players to move – the difference in values is pretty small," Roach said.

"We don't think we've got any major holes that we feel desperately need filling."

New contracts are set to go to quick bowler Scott Kuggeleijn after his move from Wellington, young wicketkeeper Cam Fletcher and promising middle-order batsman Jono Hickey.

All rounder Brett Hampton and seamer James Baker were contracted last year but may be battling the likes of Jono Boult, Tony Goodin and up-and-coming young batsmen Bharat Popli, Joe Carter and Tamati Clarke for the final two spots.

"There'll be people that played last year that won't be getting a contract and we need to be mindful that because of our depth of talent, players will be targeted to play elsewhere," Roach said.

The domestic contracts range in salary from $39,000 for the top-ranked player down to $19,000 for No 14.

The Knights' top earner should be their captain, with an announcement on who will lead the side also due next week.

Previous coach Grant Bradburn employed a separate skipper for all three formats last season, with Brad Wilson overseeing the first-class side in the four-day arena, Marshall captaining the one-day team in the Ford Trophy and Scott Styris leading the HRV Cup Twenty20 outfit.

However, Pamment is keen on appointing one man to be in charge throughout the entire campaign, with Wilson the frontrunner.

Likely initial Knights contracted players: Graeme Aldridge, Anton Devcich, Cam Fletcher, Daniel Flynn, Jono Hickey, Scott Kuggeleijn, Daryl Mitchell, Ish Sodhi, Scott Styris, Anurag Verma, Brad Wilson, Joseph Yovich.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The domestic contracts range in salary from $39,000 for the top-ranked player down to $19,000 for No 14

jesus.

I hope the match fee is decent.