• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't find which video you hid it in. Going to go in the vault.
No, I was just noticing the Phlegm274 channel hasn't been slapped with any infringements, and I was keen to see you maybe do Young's 78 as a video. Instead, 'Phlegm274 created Horses'. :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No, I was just noticing the Phlegm274 channel hasn't been slapped with any infringements, and I was keen to see you maybe do Young's 78 as a video.
Maybe I should do it. Last chance to let such things take up my time before the CricSim season starts again.

Mike5181

International Captain
I almost forgot I uploaded some videos in early 2012 as well. Wasn't much point continuing after Kippax started Plunket Promise.

Mike NZ - YouTube

Phlegm creating a playlist for horses is classic.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Mike was a bit of a Skelton fanboy for a while there.

Better make that playlist private, just in case I need to distance myself from my teenage CW posts in 5 years time.:ph34r:

Mike5181

International Captain
That is a ridiculously big jump.

Where's that video you showed me ages ago that legitimately looked like a video game?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He knows where his offstump is...but a very limited onside game. Wouldn't get too excited.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I love how still he keeps himself; no trigger movement at all is pretty rare for someone who actually has good footwork as he seems to. He was picking the length up really quickly too.

Flem274*

123/5
Can't watch all of it right now because I don't have time but he looks the goods for a very long domestic career and hopefully a good test one too. He might even get a tumblr out of it. He's got his #powerbacklift going and there's no sign of any long sleeves or booming through the crease.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how still he keeps himself; no trigger movement at all is pretty rare for someone who actually has good footwork as he seems to. He was picking the length up really quickly too.
Bit of a signature with a batting coach in Taranaki, Debu Banik.

James McDougall 200* - YouTube

Young gun shows he is special | Stuff.co.nz

His coach, Debu Banik of New Plymouth, has been responsible for nurturing Young's talent since he was at primary school.

Banik said he spotted ability in his protege from the time he entered the Taranaki junior representative scene at the age of 12.

"When he was 13, I put him in front of the bowling machine that was firing the ball down at 70 to 75mph and he was playing them easily," Banik said.

"He has a very sound technique and he's composed. From a young age, I knew he was going to be a bit special."

Banik said what helps Young succeed is his enthusiasm and willingness to work hard.

"He's a hardworking guy, understands the game well, has sharp reflexes and shows a lot of promise."

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great to see Young have a good start to the season. Looks like there wasn't much he could've done about the ball that got him out. It was so frustrating when his last plunket shield campaign was cut off halfway through by a broken finger.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Why the **** is it available to the public then, if it's in-house and for coaching/tactics only? And why would any commercial partners care? It's more exposure for their brand name and nobody actually sponsors the Shield anyway, do they?

****ing hell NZC, get your **** together.

Flem274*

123/5
Hey guys, here's this cake I want to share with you and I'm going to leave it on the table for everyone to share, but if you take any that's stealing.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does it say anywhere on blackcaps.com that the video material is copyrighted? I've given up trying to access it on there as they seem to have made it deliberately difficult to access.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
The commercial partner would by Sky and my guess is that they included in their agreement that they had all rights to NZ International and Domestic cricket. I thought the simple way around this from NZC would be to flick an email to sky something along the lines of "Do you care". Sky replies no, case closed.