• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Binkley

U19 Captain
Its own of those annoyingly damp days here in Wellington. It is not actually raining all that much, but you get the sense that drops will just often enough that the covers will probably not come off much. So I can't see much play between Wellington and CD today.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I want to know what the **** the current head of the vault is doing. We should campaign to get them to hire kippax instead.
They haven't even protected their IP by purchasing blackcaps.com. They have no idea what they're up to on the internet. They're a bunch of amateurs, run by amateurs. Kippax to purchase blackcaps.com and run some home videos on there.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Siddons is on crack

complicating matters, Siddons said, was the fact he'd never seen either Colson or Walsh bat in a match. What he's seen of Walsh he likes, though. "We see him as a future Black Cap, but he's certainly not there yet."

Flem274*

123/5
:lol: oh boy, is it any wonder we're such a crap cricketing nation?

Fraser Colson is a blast from the past. In the 2008 under 19 world cup he looked pretty decent but then disappeared while KW, Southee, Boult, Anderson, Beard, Raval, Macewell and Worker became provincial regulars. That 2008 side was a damn good side actually.

Flem274*

123/5
Our batting line up looks really short with KNB at 5. Icing to cake ratio isn't good. Trego is a bit of a strange signing when the skipper plays the same role in the side. It's great KNB wants to take responsibility with the bat as captain and move up the order (you reading McCullum?) but I think Kruger is the better batsman and guys like Dhoni show you can still bat lower down and still influence the game, especially when you can hit like KNB can. I would have left Trego out for now and played Hay at five with KNB dropping down, but we'll see how it goes. KNB and Trego will probably put 200 on between them now I've opened my trap.

Smith opening. Young at four. Bowling attack (Y).

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
You can still watch Walsh in the vault from back in April 2012 I see. Likes his pull shot, hated Agar.

You can also have a look at last night's India vs. West Indies.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Gillespie clearly booming through the crease. No one around to say otherwise.
Just went back to determine how bad that actually was from Siddons.

24 Feb
"I don't think he's any different from the guy who took two five- fors [for the Black Caps] last year. I can't believe he's not in there already," Siddons said.
21 Feb

"I was absolutely shattered when I went to Queenstown and I obviously didn't do myself any favours. I made them aware that I was cooked, they still wanted me to play and you've got to do what you're asked, I suppose," Gillespie said.
How often does Franky have to have this awkward discussion with Gillespie about how he should be hitting the crease, anyway? This from 2011/12 -

"Some home truths were pointed out to him and Franky [James Franklin] also spoke to him about his approach to the crease. He's starting to hit the crease a lot harder and bowl a bit heavier ball," coach Jamie Siddons said.

"The person that no-one really wants to face in this competition has re-emerged. He's starting to swing the ball again, but his pace is probably what's getting the wickets."

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah 200/6 after a day of grey skies with two accomplished fc batsmen still at the crease isn't too bad.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Young played a nationally relevant innings today by the looks. Barely a single play and miss that wasn't warranted according to the filter. Check it out on youtube.com/Phlegm274. ;)

Flem274*

123/5
Can't find which video you hid it in. Going to go in the vault.

But yeah that pitch makes both Young and KNB's innings look much better. Young has always had the technique, he's just needed time to settle and find some consistency. Hopefully he can kick on for a 60+ season.