• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Guptill has to open imo. He's our best opener, loves and is almost reliant on going over the top or beating the infield early and KW is our best number three and a good anchor who is more comfortable manipulating the field rather than hitting over the infield. .
My thoughts on this one should only be hitting over the infield if you can't hit through it. Kane kan.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Ryder did say he'd like to open in shorter forms "take it or leave it" didn't he.

Not sure what that's about, perhaps he's keen to just give the door to an ODI innings a good nudge off its hinges these days, and would prefer not to enter. Someone like JimmyGS can then head in and pocket the items of most value relative to their weight, if he's such a know-all and keen appraiser of the field.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ryder did say he'd like to open in shorter forms "take it or leave it" didn't he.

Not sure what that's about, perhaps he's keen to just give the door to an ODI innings a good nudge off its hinges these days, and would prefer not to enter. Someone like JimmyGS can then head in and pocket the items of most value relative to their weight, if he's such a know-all and keen appraiser of the field.
Jeez Kippax this is a tricky to understand sentence.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

It's just like a burglary metaphor. I'm presuming Jesse doesn't really want to do the heady work of deciding if a shot is really on in the middle overs.

This is sad, because Jesse's shot selection used to be very good.

Flem274*

123/5
There was always a horrible feeling around CW that Ryder will finish his career as a much lesser batsman than he should be.

With all his time out of the game he will be fortunate to make it to 50 tests, and he appears to have gotten very lazy with his batting discipline. He's the kind of batsman who will also hit terminal decline earlier than some due to being so reliant on balance and hand-eye too.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I was very bored, and cricinfoing ....

At the last U19 World Cup our two players were both 17 year olds: O'Donnell and Duffy, and wondered if they would qualify for the upcoming one.

Turns out Duffy is just ineligible by just a few weeks, while O'Donnell is just eligible.

Not sure what will happen, or what the selectors policy is, e.g missing U19 series and tourneys while on his OE. But we'll see ...

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Good spotting. Any domestic contract-winning batting will be very welcome in that side, surely. It was very much a cricketing OE too I think.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
We have had a bit of an unfortunate run lately with name players being a tad too old. God it would have been fun to send a 19 year old Milne or Henry to one of these.

Flem274*

123/5
Just watched Chops one day video again, and boy I hope that is his one day mode only.

Despite improving against the short ball, I think he's regressed technically. He was always quite compact, but now he reminds me of Guptill: locked front knee, playing the ball in front of his body rather than beneath his eyes and going with hard hands.

I think he's trying to stand taller, but in my layman opinion I think he's better off with his old technique.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Auckland's internationals for the HRV Cup, according to their Facebook: Brad Hodge, Luke Wright, David Willey, James Fuller.