Page 207 of 223 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3333
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: **Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Fourth wooden spoon in a row for the Stags in shorter forms? Think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    technically a wooden spoon is more than what 4 other teams get. we'll have some excellent cooks in the team soon, or some mean sword fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

If we were to play 2 allrounders like we did at the Basin, Kuggs is arguably a better choice than Neesham in that he's more of a bowling allrounder.

It's an interesting dynamic. We know that Anderson has been given very direct orders in that his batting is what will keep him selected, but I'm not quite sure if we've had the opposite for Neesham and they want to play them both together often or whether they see Neesham and Anderson as being interchangeable.

At least with Kuggs it's pretty clear that his bowling is what will get him in the team, but he's got to be a fair way down the list. Behind the likes or Henry and Bennett at the very least in ODIs, but also Wagner will likely be given a shot, as well as Milne and a few other blokes. In tests Henry has got to be the first cab off the rank and I'm not sure whether they've ditched the idea of Gillespie yet, or even Bracewell.

The only thing cooking will be your antlers, ftr.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    If we were to play 2 allrounders like we did at the Basin, Kuggs is arguably a better choice than Neesham
    Neesham is better than Kuggs with bat and ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Neesham is better than Kuggs with bat and ball.
    I think Neesham has a higher ceiling but he sprays it around a lot.

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    As does kuggs

kugglejuggle doesn't?

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Has Kuggs got his List A economy <6rpo yet?

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I've always wanted to write off Kuggs but then he gets a little bit better while still being clearly in the project category.
    He was a project in Wellington, a big project especially when he got down there. He's a genuine first class cricketer now however IMO. 436 runs @ 36 and 29 wickets @ 31. For a kid that just turned 22 they make for pretty good reading. Over the last 18-24 months he would easily be the most improved cricketer in the country.

I said earlier however, before the season, I just don't rate his bowling whatsoever. I don't see anything that screams "I'm a future international seamer" He's late 130's, skiddy and straight up and down. He is a long way down on my list of bowlers in New Zealand. I'll stick with what I said years ago that if he's going to make it as an international cricketer (and I'm talking Test and ODI's here) it'll be as a batting all rounder. I think he has a lot more potential with the bat then he does with the ball, but he isn't a patch on either Anderson or Neesham and both of them are those sort of players.

Hopefully he makes the 'A' tour to England this winter, can bat eight, maybe seven, and comes back next season batting in the top six. Would do him a world of good IMO.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    He was a project in Wellington, a big project especially when he got down there. He's a genuine first class cricketer now however IMO. 436 runs @ 36 and 29 wickets @ 31. For a kid that just turned 22 they make for pretty good reading. Over the last 18-24 months he would easily be the most improved cricketer in the country.

I said earlier however, before the season, I just don't rate his bowling whatsoever. I don't see anything that screams "I'm a future international seamer" He's late 130's, skiddy and straight up and down. He is a long way down on my list of bowlers in New Zealand. I'll stick with what I said years ago that if he's going to make it as an international cricketer (and I'm talking Test and ODI's here) it'll be as a batting all rounder. I think he has a lot more potential with the bat then he does with the ball, but he isn't a patch on either Anderson or Neesham and both of them are those sort of players.

Hopefully he makes the 'A' tour to England this winter, can bat eight, maybe seven, and comes back next season batting in the top six. Would do him a world of good IMO.
    He's got limited overs cricketer written all over him. Don't see that he's either good enough to ever be a top 6-7 batsman - probably 8 at his high water mark - or do enough with it/be quick/bouncey enough to be in the top three or even four seamers in a side. But there's no reason he can't bat 7 and provide overs in ODIs/T20, especially if he becomes a very good death bowler with his change of pace etc.

Problem is, Neesham and Anderson are the same age so he's basically sweating on injuries or change of roles from either of those guys. He'll play for NZ, but not consistently.

Kyle Jamieson playing as Bennett's replacement.

Ah good, Latham's out. Out sweeping.
    Last edited by Kippax; 01-04-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Ah, damn, the final on Saturday is at Mt Maunganui. I had been thinking of going if it had been Hamilton or Whangarei, but the Mount is just a bit too far after working till 11 the previous night.

At least it's on TV.

"Nicol's out - wonderful piece of bowling from Woodcock, that turned and bounced".

"Classical delivery from Woodcock" - Chris Martin.

Wonder if Devcich will play the televised final. Or even better internationals.

Thread Information