Page 207 of 223 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3333
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: **Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

  1. #3091
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,282
    Fourth wooden spoon in a row for the Stags in shorter forms? Think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

  2. #3092
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,449
    technically a wooden spoon is more than what 4 other teams get. we'll have some excellent cooks in the team soon, or some mean sword fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  3. #3093
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,673
    If we were to play 2 allrounders like we did at the Basin, Kuggs is arguably a better choice than Neesham in that he's more of a bowling allrounder.

    It's an interesting dynamic. We know that Anderson has been given very direct orders in that his batting is what will keep him selected, but I'm not quite sure if we've had the opposite for Neesham and they want to play them both together often or whether they see Neesham and Anderson as being interchangeable.

    At least with Kuggs it's pretty clear that his bowling is what will get him in the team, but he's got to be a fair way down the list. Behind the likes or Henry and Bennett at the very least in ODIs, but also Wagner will likely be given a shot, as well as Milne and a few other blokes. In tests Henry has got to be the first cab off the rank and I'm not sure whether they've ditched the idea of Gillespie yet, or even Bracewell.

  4. #3094
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,282
    The only thing cooking will be your antlers, ftr.



  5. #3095
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,449
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    If we were to play 2 allrounders like we did at the Basin, Kuggs is arguably a better choice than Neesham
    Neesham is better than Kuggs with bat and ball.

  6. #3096
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Neesham is better than Kuggs with bat and ball.
    I think Neesham has a higher ceiling but he sprays it around a lot.

  7. #3097
    International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hamilton, city of well....
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I think Neesham has a higher ceiling but he sprays it around a lot.
    As does kuggs

  8. #3098
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,449
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I think Neesham has a higher ceiling but he sprays it around a lot.
    kugglejuggle doesn't?

  9. #3099
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts
    6,581
    Has Kuggs got his List A economy <6rpo yet?

  10. #3100
    International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I've always wanted to write off Kuggs but then he gets a little bit better while still being clearly in the project category.
    He was a project in Wellington, a big project especially when he got down there. He's a genuine first class cricketer now however IMO. 436 runs @ 36 and 29 wickets @ 31. For a kid that just turned 22 they make for pretty good reading. Over the last 18-24 months he would easily be the most improved cricketer in the country.

    I said earlier however, before the season, I just don't rate his bowling whatsoever. I don't see anything that screams "I'm a future international seamer" He's late 130's, skiddy and straight up and down. He is a long way down on my list of bowlers in New Zealand. I'll stick with what I said years ago that if he's going to make it as an international cricketer (and I'm talking Test and ODI's here) it'll be as a batting all rounder. I think he has a lot more potential with the bat then he does with the ball, but he isn't a patch on either Anderson or Neesham and both of them are those sort of players.

    Hopefully he makes the 'A' tour to England this winter, can bat eight, maybe seven, and comes back next season batting in the top six. Would do him a world of good IMO.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

  11. #3101
    State Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    He was a project in Wellington, a big project especially when he got down there. He's a genuine first class cricketer now however IMO. 436 runs @ 36 and 29 wickets @ 31. For a kid that just turned 22 they make for pretty good reading. Over the last 18-24 months he would easily be the most improved cricketer in the country.

    I said earlier however, before the season, I just don't rate his bowling whatsoever. I don't see anything that screams "I'm a future international seamer" He's late 130's, skiddy and straight up and down. He is a long way down on my list of bowlers in New Zealand. I'll stick with what I said years ago that if he's going to make it as an international cricketer (and I'm talking Test and ODI's here) it'll be as a batting all rounder. I think he has a lot more potential with the bat then he does with the ball, but he isn't a patch on either Anderson or Neesham and both of them are those sort of players.

    Hopefully he makes the 'A' tour to England this winter, can bat eight, maybe seven, and comes back next season batting in the top six. Would do him a world of good IMO.
    He's got limited overs cricketer written all over him. Don't see that he's either good enough to ever be a top 6-7 batsman - probably 8 at his high water mark - or do enough with it/be quick/bouncey enough to be in the top three or even four seamers in a side. But there's no reason he can't bat 7 and provide overs in ODIs/T20, especially if he becomes a very good death bowler with his change of pace etc.

    Problem is, Neesham and Anderson are the same age so he's basically sweating on injuries or change of roles from either of those guys. He'll play for NZ, but not consistently.

  12. #3102
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,282
    Kyle Jamieson playing as Bennett's replacement.

    Ah good, Latham's out. Out sweeping.
    Last edited by Kippax; 01-04-2014 at 04:36 PM.

  13. #3103
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,862
    Ah, damn, the final on Saturday is at Mt Maunganui. I had been thinking of going if it had been Hamilton or Whangarei, but the Mount is just a bit too far after working till 11 the previous night.

    At least it's on TV.

  14. #3104
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,282
    "Nicol's out - wonderful piece of bowling from Woodcock, that turned and bounced".

    "Classical delivery from Woodcock" - Chris Martin.

  15. #3105
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,282
    Wonder if Devcich will play the televised final. Or even better internationals.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. **Official** Zimbabwean Domestic Season 2013/14
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 16-04-2014, 10:28 PM
  2. **Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14
    By Spikey in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4900
    Last Post: 26-03-2014, 11:42 PM
  3. **Official** South African Domestic Season 2013/14
    By SeamUp in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 18-03-2014, 12:13 AM
  4. Replies: 3313
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM
  5. ***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09***
    By Silver Arrow in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •