Page 203 of 223 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3333
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: **Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

School Boy/Girl Captain Binkley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I'm a big fan of Daniel Flynn. Of all the domestic batsmen that might get a shot at a return to international cricket (Papps, How used to be in contention, Redmond etc) I'd like to see him getting another go.
    I am a Flynn fan (flim-flam?) too. He seemed to me to have the skill and application, but a few dents to his confidence in an NZ shirt and his game just seemed to fall to pieces.

Also, interesting to note that in the past few one-dayers Sodhi has been picking up wickets and keeping the runs-scoring under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Binkley View Post
    Also, interesting to note that in the past few one-dayers Sodhi has been picking up wickets and keeping the runs-scoring under control.
    Yep, really encouraging signs.

The 2nd innings scoring still hasn't started on blackcaps.co.nz for Otago-Auckland - rain?

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Sodhi continues his strong Ford Trophy campaign (admittedly on a pitch that appears to favour the spinners). Not entirely surprising I suppose. His faster pace and flatter trajectory is probably more suited to LO cricket at this point. There's also the fact that batsmen will be under more pressure to attack his bowling which could bring his well-disguised (by NZ standards) googly into play more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Slightly tense finale in Hamilton - can Wellington not screw up this run chase?

Meanwhile, rain in Auckland. Otago really can't catch a break in this competition.

Invercargill in late March is always going to be a bit iffy, I guess.

Whoa, wickets tumbling for Wellington now! This is getting tense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Sodhi continues his strong Ford Trophy campaign (admittedly on a pitch that appears to favour the spinners). Not entirely surprising I suppose. His faster pace and flatter trajectory is probably more suited to LO cricket at this point. There's also the fact that batsmen will be under more pressure to attack his bowling which could bring his well-disguised (by NZ standards) googly into play more often.
    a certain South African leg spinner also does fairly well in ODIs, so it's inadvisable to read too much into it.

A reasonable degree of erraticism seems to work well for a fair number of bowlers in limited overs cricket. Thinking McCleneghan, Finn, Starc, Tahir etc. A run-rate of 5 is very good in ODIs nowadays so the boundary ball is acceptable. It's a massive liability in test cricket though.

also, loving Jeets' figures. He is the best spinner in NZ and probably the only one better than Williamson.

I'm glad Wellington were able to limp home - their spinners bowled brilliantly and deserved the win. But the batsmen nearly made a meal of it!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    also, loving Jeets' figures. He is the best spinner in NZ and probably the only one better than Williamson.
    Athlai to load everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    You have more protection for your pies in limited overs cricket too. Jason Krejza for example was always a better T20 and OD spinner in Australian domestic cricket than he was a Sheffield Shield bowler.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Yeah, true. Watched a replay of his bowling from last week. He was producing about one rancid pie per over, but they kept getting hit to boundary fielders for one.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerBreadMan View Post
    Athlai to load everywhere
    Jeets > Williamson

You heard it here first folks.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Will Young seemingly put out of his misery in 2013/14. Replaced by Dave Meiring (27yo, but prolific for Manawatu for years now).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Jeets 2/16 off 10 in one game, 12th man the next.

Milne close but not quite ready | Stuff.co.nz

The 21-year-old is expected to play club cricket in Manawatu today then join the Stags tomorrow. He'll bowl some overs and undergo some sprints and fielding to prove his fitness for the Stags' final match in Dunedin on Wednesday, by which time they could be out of playoff contention if they lose to the Firebirds.

"We've agreed to a plan and we've got to stick to it. We could certainly use him [tomorrow] but it's 4-5 days too soon," Stags assistant coach Lance Hamilton said.

"We don't want to push him and risk a recurrence. With the weather we've had, he just hasn't had the workload and we can't risk him in a 50-over game."

Milne would have been a certainty for the World Twenty20 had he remained fit, such was the impact he had against West Indies and India. Making New Zealand's tour of the Caribbean starting in late May is his next goal.

Milne had worked closely with New Zealand Cricket's medical staff and travelled three times to Christchurch to bowl under their gaze in recent weeks. Hamilton believed there wasn't yet a need to tweak Milne's action despite his struggles to stay on the park.

"It was an issue of bowling loads. Over a short period he bowled quite a few overs at a high intensity, higher than he'd ever bowled before. There was nothing biomechanical that was highlighted."

Thread Information