• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Watling is faaaaaar too good for this level these days, no doubt he'll go big today.
Sounds like he's tried to hit everything to third man so far despite the ball moving around a bit; wouldn't be surprised if he got out caught behind the wicket early tbh.

Howsie

International Captain
ND $2.30. Thank you very much. This pitch just gets slower, and slower as the game gets on. We make 220 and thats easy money.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This pitch just gets slower, and slower as the game gets on.
As much as it'd make it harder to score in a limited overs game, I'm not sure that's what ND would want with Boult and Southee opening the bowling. If there's any life in the wicket I reckon they'll just run through the non-Papps part of the Wellington batting lineup. ND's best chance of defending a below par score is doing exactly that rather than throttling.

Howsie

International Captain
As much as it'd make it harder to score in a limited overs game, I'm not sure that's what ND would want with Boult and Southee opening the bowling. If there's any life in the wicket I reckon they'll just run through the non-Papps part of the Wellington batting lineup. ND's best chance of defending a below par score is doing exactly that rather than throttling.
No Southee mate.

But nah not with Sodhi (who has been excellent this season) Santner and Boult. Elliott is a poor player of spin, likewise Ronchi. That leaves who, Franklin? And we all know he won't score any runs in a game like this.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
ND will be paying $3.00 an hour from now imo. Pretty sure Jeets bowled out for <20 at Seddon Park this month.

Flem274*

123/5
today is a historic and tragic day.

i was struggling to think who i want to lose the most, but since ND have watling and boult im afraid wellington lose out.

god i hope watling, boult and someone interesting like mitchell are the main contributors though. don't wanna watch devcich 3/30 and franklin 80*.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Watling trying his best, but still comes up short against the best spinner in the country.