• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Geez Tom Latham looked good in that clip. There's shades of Mike Hussey in his stroke play.
His cover drives are still a tad woolly but I'd rather he play them and perfect them than do a Flynn and limit himself to the point where he forgets how to drive.

Going to be better than Williamson IMO. Flem et al to rage.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
His cover drives are still a tad woolly but I'd rather he play them and perfect them than do a Flynn and limit himself to the point where he forgets how to drive.

Oh definitely. He'll go on to score 10,000 test runs.

Howsie

International Captain

lol

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I'm assuming that hendrix is joking, because otherwise that's ridiculous. Still, I'm starting to think that if he's handled right, Latham could be a 35+ average opener, which would be almost as valuable as Williamson becoming our first 45+ average number 3 since Fleming.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I still think Williamson is batting out of position. I'm just not seeing him as a 45+ number 3. And let's face it, as good as Fleming was, that's not exactly an impossibly high bar. It's not out of the realms of possibility that Latham could be a 40 average opening bat, which yes, is worth more than than similar numbers from Williamson.

It's not so much hendrixian optimism about Latham as Bahnzian pessimism about KW, tbh.

Flem274*

123/5

this is such good howsie bait. keep it coming so he snaps.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
What, Kuggs with 26 off 75 to limp ND home? Why such a grudge, Kuggs.

Thought Worker looked like something had clicked for him the other day.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe, but it does look like a very loose and relaxed sort of knock from How tbh. Craig Cachopa has a couple of those at Eden Park OO every season.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Really irritates me sometimes that the collection of in-jokes and acronyms over the years has built up such a barricade that there's no sign of a new Kippax beginning to post, with some sort of bed-ridden problem that has him availing me of match wraps.