• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it was defo a gentle attack (I rubbed it in a bit on the other page) but trust the **** to find any excuse to put the boot into CD when we just dicked his team. If he wasn't known for being such a **** towards us I wouldn't care, but I had to roll my eyes when I saw him write that considering his history.
It does come across as putting the boot in, definitely.

I wasn't aware Athlai was a Wellington fan, he seems such a decent bloke despite having to put up with their dross over so many years. A diagnosis of apathy based on long-term underperforming, I guess

Athlai

Not Terrible
It does come across as putting the boot in, definitely.

I wasn't aware Athlai was a Wellington fan, he seems such a decent bloke despite having to put up with their dross over so many years. A diagnosis of apathy based on long-term underperforming, I guess
I've always had Direbirds stuff in my sig tbf.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Quite an interesting run chase for Northern - Kane, BJ & Corey in the line up, vs Wagner, N McCullum & Neesham.

CD really need one of Hay or Young to get a ton to chase down 307.

jcas0167

International Debutant
What's happened to Barry Rhodes?
I was just thinking this the other day. Haven't heard how he's getting on in Auckland.

He's 27 and came to Wellington from South Africa four years ago for a better life and to play first class cricket.

He bats and bowls and had captained South African Under 17 so his dreams of gracing the Basin Reserve on a regular basis were not unreasonable...

Rhodes is going to Auckland with a plan mapped out. He will coach at Auckland Grammar, play for Grafton and new Auckland coach Matt Horne has welcomed his move north...

Firebirds coach Jamie Siddons is a batting guru but also a man who takes hits on the chin so there was no nastiness in his response.

"I've worked with Barry and Henry Walsh over the winter and both are very good players," Siddons said.

Ad Feedback "The last batting contract went to Henry over Barry because potentially the kid (Walsh) could be very good."

Siddons defended Rhodes' ongoing non-selection, saying the A tournament last season and his four games for the Firebirds in 2011-12 were missed opportunities.

"I feel we've done all we could for Barry, apart from select him.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/8987888/Firebirds-snub-sees-Rhodes-head-to-Auckland