• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
NcCullum's best hope in test cricket would be developing his batting to the point of a guy that could comfortably bat six but like you, I think he's too long in the tooth now which is a shame, because he'd probably have done a better job than the guys we've tried since Vettori.
Please STFU with the personal stuff

Blocky

Banned
It's a really weird thing to try though. Not even Chris Martin would fail to pick a leg break from an off spin bowler.
Correct, and if they're expecting it to be bowled frequently they'll see it and play accordingly - but if it's used very sparingly and they're not anticipating it, they'll think "What the **** was that?" as the ball is bowled to them and it can create confusion - similar to the Shane Warne bouncer when he used to bowl it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn Baker Carter Hickey Kuggeleijn Popli Santner Sodhi Verma Watling Wilson
Ugh, I can maybe understand Southee sitting it out, but Anderson, Boult and especially Williamson really should be playing. Good on Watling for bucking the trend though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Perhaps the T20 WC guys were given an NZC directive? Or was there one saying that any of the Test reps could play Plunket Shield if they wanted to?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Feel sorry for Johnston...just watching him from the last round here, trying to give it an extra tweak at release to try to get something, anything out of the surface.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Looking at the results section of the SST, looks like T Boult played club cricket yesterday for Cadets.

Howsie

International Captain
I think I'd sooner have Michael Bracewell open the batting for New Zealand in test cricket then I would Tom Latham, who I just don't see as an opener whatsoever. Latham pretty much showed me what I've thought for a good two years now about his batting during that test. Limited footwork (it has improved tbf), real fidigty and a chronic proder. He might improve even more over time but I still think he should be batting four or five. He's a bloody useful player against spin too.