• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Howsie wasn't tbf. Predicted a 'most improved' 40+ season for him or something, but also posted this in 2011 -

I'm still scratching my head over the selection of Luke Woodcock tbh, the selectors are nuts if they see him as a test match option. He's probably the fourth best all rounder playing for Wellington at the moment in the longer form of the game. Really can't work that one out.

Brad Wilson much the same too. He's improved a lot as a domestic batsmen over the past three seasons and obviously had a bit of a breakthrough season last year but if you just watched him bat for 15 minutes you'd see he's pretty unlikely to make the step up with such a lazy and poor technique at the international level - But I guess this is what these types of tournaments are for right?

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Carter just needs to start turning these starts into ton's and a big one every now and then.

Hell of a start to the first class career though, 8 matches, 13 innings, averaging 48.5 with the bat. 5 times past 50 in 13 innings, but as of yet no hundreds.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, odd little leg-side shuffle of the back foot as the ball is delivered. Off-side dominant player maybe? Looking to stay leg side of the ball and hit through cover?
Very strong through midwicket has always been my impression itbt.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
For those who didn't hear it, Doull hearing from someone he wouldn't name that the Duke might be introduced into the Plunket Shield.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well there's the cheaper cost for one, NZC love a balance sheet consideration. There's all these ball changes. Also Edgar was letting known his concern in an interview earlier in the season about the lack of worthwhile batting examinations he was seeing in the PS.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, odd little leg-side shuffle of the back foot as the ball is delivered. Off-side dominant player maybe? Looking to stay leg side of the ball and hit through cover?
I really don't like to see that back foot step to leg in the trigger movement - yuck. He may still score well on the legside but will be playing across his front pad and will get into trouble that way against better bowlers, and likely to lead to problems against the short ball as well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Against an Otago attack with no Wagner, no Neesham and Duffy presumably injured after bowling 1 over. On that note - how often has that happened this season? Ridiculous.