• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Blain

U19 Captain
I like the Neesh selection, more of a bounce bowler, which we dont really have atm. Also Southee batting at 8 is terrible. With Williamson there, he can over some spin overs.

I really dont think Sodhi should play, he didnt really look like taking a wicket, the Indians just milked him with ease. We can't bloody carry players against the world number 2, and that pitch in AK had mega turn. Basin is a pacemans dream.

This could be Latham's trial game, if Ruds and Fulton fail again.. He could easily take one of their spots. Both have offered SFA since England.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tbf, if Neesham replaces Sodhi it's definitely a step up in both departments. Sodhi's only value, if at all, is that of 'variation' in that he's bowling legspinners (and fairly poorly at that). If you ignore what type of bowlers they are, Neesham >>>>> Sodhi as a bowler. Then consider that Neesham is also a better bat, I think viewing them as a straight swap is a definite improvement, whether or not Neesham's bowling is redundant with the main 3 taking all 20 last Test; if he doesn't take a wicket all he has to do is go for less than 80 from 15. If he takes a wicket, then he's already done more than Sodhi.
Good selection IMO.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there a spinners one?
Haha come on buddy. Would you be pissed if I created it over the next month or so, but it was like a mockumentary short film of absolute pies?

Immenso, Phlegm and Howsie to help me with the list. Nicol and Woodcock types can gtfo I think, I'm keeping this to 25 or fewer.

Astle
Beard
Benton
Boult
Carter
Craig
Devcich
Finnie
Hira
Houghton
Jenkins
Johnston
Martin
McCullum
Nethula
Kain
A Patel
J Patel
Ravi
Santner
Singh
Sodhi
Vettori
Van Woerkom
Walker
Watson
Weerasundara
Wightman
Williamson

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Really disappointed Turner's not reading the business pages, losing faith in the Perth and Australian economy, and planning some sacrificial Wagner years to become eligible for New Zealand tbh.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I legitimately never understand a thing Kippax posts. WAFG.
He's suggesting that Turner ought to move to New Zealand right now to start his four year qualification ("sacrificial Wagner years") as soon as possible, while making a topical reference to the doom and gloom predictions we've seen since mid-last year about the WA economy.

Flem274*

123/5
auckland - bartin, boopindar, watson
ND - kane, soggy, vettori, joult, santer, walker, devcich
CD - nethula, ajaz, kain
welly - jeets, woodcock, houghton
canty - tastle, johnston, hira
otago - nccullum, craig, beard

noted lack of attacking spinners and legit looking actions in that list