• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I see Small only bowled 9 overs in the first innings and hasn't bowled in the second... don't tell me he's injured too. And Bennett - did anyone confirm his injury after finishing an over half way through for Canterbury?

Disappointing that a place in the NZ test squad, if not NZ XI, opens up and nearly all the contenders injure themselves. Gillespie by default I guess.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I see Small only bowled 9 overs in the first innings and hasn't bowled in the second... don't tell me he's injured too. And Bennett - did anyone confirm his injury after finishing an over half way through for Canterbury?

Disappointing that a place in the NZ test squad, if not NZ XI, opens up and nearly all the contenders injure themselves. Gillespie by default I guess.
Read my posts about Bennett.

He's just opened the bowling today.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe he's been told that he's inline for a callup at the Basin and he's left the game early to join the rest of the squad?

#hopeagainsthope

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Love that both batting sides appear to be going for the win despite the early setbacks. Should be an entertaining day.

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anybody know what the story with Karori Park was? Two and a half days lost to weather? Did they just call off the fourth because it was pointless?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anybody know what the story with Karori Park was? Two and a half days lost to weather? Did they just call off the fourth because it was pointless?
It's been raining here all morning too - I suspect the ground was saturated and I think more rain is likely this arvo. A ghastly few summers days in Wellington.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Yeah it's been awful here in welly for last 3 days. I was flabbergasted to see on the weather last night that it was 13 degrees warmer in Auckland and upper north yesterday than what it was here. Sigh.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It was frigid yesterday. Had to turn the heat pump on at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. In ****ing February. Christ Wellington, get it together.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Wellington getting the terrible weather out of the way early before the test match starts. Though it still looks patchy at this stage for the test as well itbt.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
At the right time to be doing it too with NZ selectors possibly looking for a #8
I'm as excited as anyone about how Neesham will go for NZ however he's already been selected more on faith than results in ODIs and is only just starting to get some results - think too early for tests as yet. Next season.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Jesus H Christ! Michael Bracewell, convert your bloody starts!

There's opportunities galore coming up in next two years for whichever young batsmen achieves some consistency.

Flem274*

123/5
possibility of no more ryder means we'll be in the market for a middle order bat when baz retires. all the domestic middle order batsmen should be inspired now they don't have to be better than jesse.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
There's opportunities galore coming up in next two years for whichever young batsmen achieves some consistency.
Haha, there's been opportunities galore for years for NZ domestic batsmen to find themselves playing for NZ. It's better now that there are fewer opportunities (unless you're an opener) as at least you get to bat for NZ alongside a couple of guys that know what they're doing.

There is a little irony in Ryder dropping off the radar when guys like Broom and Flynn have given up on middle order NZ spots and tried to refashion themselves as openers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If we're going to go with 4 seamers, I wouldn't pick Neesh just because he's made runs. The odds are that it's going to be a result pitch at the Basin, especially given all the rain that's been around over the last 4 days, so I wouldn't bet on him to make a huge impression with the bat. We want the 4 bowlers most likely to take wickets - is Neesham one of those?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If we're going to go with 4 seamers, I wouldn't pick Neesh just because he's made runs. The odds are that it's going to be a result pitch at the Basin, especially given all the rain that's been around over the last 4 days, so I wouldn't bet on him to make a huge impression with the bat. We want the 4 bowlers most likely to take wickets - is Neesham one of those?
Agree and definitely No. Has made massive strides with his bowling in the last 12 months that makes me think it's possible he could be in the top 4 seamers in the country in the future, but currently don't even know if he'd make top 10.