• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Howsie

International Captain
tbf Kuggleleijn's first class average is equal if not better than most of the batsmen in the CD team. Says more about Central than Kuggleleijn however.

Edit: But yes it's obvs a dog of a wicket, expect nothing else from this lot, they have to try and win something right?

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Kieran "not as good as Anton Devcich in First Class Cricket despite having superior stats" Noema-Barnett has taken CD to a win with the bat on what has been termed by seasoned observers as a "dog of a wicket". Good on the lad.

Blain

U19 Captain
I'm surprised at how little media attention Henry gets. Same with Milne and Wheeler etc, but they see Milne hit 150km/h and they get all up in that **** like he's the best bowler in NZ.

It's like cricket media is done from people who just write match reports from looking at scorecards, with no in depth thoughts or stats about anyone. Half the people on here would do a better job.

Howsie

International Captain
I'm surprised at how little media attention Henry gets. Same with Milne and Wheeler etc, but they see Milne hit 150km/h and they get all up in that **** like he's the best bowler in NZ.

It's like cricket media is done from people who just write match reports from looking at scorecards, with no in depth thoughts or stats about anyone. Half the people on here would do a better job.
How much media attention did Trent Boult get before his test debut (or even after it)? Sweet **** all. Neil Wagner got all the press because he bowled quick (lol) and was a South African with an anger problem. As you said it's just how it is in this country.

Congrats to CD on the win. Even if they did create a complete mess of a wicket to bring the two teams closer. I'd probably do the same too if I didn't stand a chance on a proper wicket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How much media attention did Trent Boult get before his test debut (or even after it)? Sweet **** all. Neil Wagner got all the press because he bowled quick (lol) and was a South African with an anger problem. As you said it's just how it is in this country.

Congrats to CD on the win. Even if they did create a complete mess of a wicket to bring the two teams closer. I'd probably do the same too if I didn't stand a chance on a proper wicket.
Wagner only became proper news because of the 5 in an over.

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
378 in 5 sessions for Otago. Should be able to get there quite easily if they can hold on to wickets. Their top order is pretty strong and if they play out of their skins an exciting run chase is on the cards.

Flem274*

123/5
Yum yum yum.

maybe CD realised ND are just a bunch of FTBs or (in the case of their "spin" bowling) slow low dog heroes and planned accordingly?

or maybe what you're saying is kruger and dougeh are heroes for being the only players to score 50+

ND should be glad we made a greenie. their seam bowling needs it.

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
I didn't realise Latham actually has a NZC contract. Nice to see that he's rewarding their faith - although I suppose he has been in the LO team for a wee while.

Contracted players:
Corey Anderson
Trent Boult
Doug Bracewell
Dean Brownlie
Grant Elliott

Peter Fulton
Martin Guptill
Tom Latham
Bruce Martin
Mitchell McClenaghan
Brendon McCullum
Nathan McCullum
Kyle Mills
Colin Munro
Hamish Rutherford
Tim Southee
Ross Taylor
Neil Wagner
BJ Watling
Kane Williamson

That's four contracts that I think are unlikely to be renewed. Pretty easy to see where the remaining contracts will go:
Jesse Ryder
Adam Milne
Luke Ronchi
Ish Sodhi

Jimmy Neesham would be pushing for a pot as well...I could see him in for Sodhi or Fulton considering the Wold Cup is 2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
378 in 5 sessions for Otago. Should be able to get there quite easily if they can hold on to wickets. Their top order is pretty strong and if they play out of their skins an exciting run chase is on the cards.
I can't believe how right you were about them doing this easily. 341/3 and the only way they won't win now is if it keeps raining.

Flem274*

123/5
Elliott scoring a ton should keep him out of position at number three for another two years of single figure scores. Yesssss.

Pollard not batting in his usual spot is a bit of a worry. So is no joy for Henry in this innings.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Elliott scoring a ton should keep him out of position at number three for another two years of single figure scores. Yesssss.

Pollard not batting in his usual spot is a bit of a worry. So is no joy for Henry in this innings.
Clearly desperate to keep his central contract.

Blocky

Banned
Noema Barnett has to be the "this is what's wrong with our province" symbol for CD.

Can't really bat. Can't really bowl. Chips in with performances here and there, somehow is their captain.

Also have to laugh at the orders from NZ Cricket to bowl Sodhi where-ever possible and watch him still unable to perform. Santner gets a total of three overs, breaks the Van Wyk/Bracewell partnership and is instantly subbed off so Sodhi can have a go (and fail) at the tail.

I'd actually back Santner to take more wickets against India and do so at a lower run-rate than Sodhi, so far his performances for ND A and even first class have been better than Sodhi's too.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Some shenanigans from Canterbury at the end of the Otago game. After waiting for four hours for the rain to clear, with Otago needing just 40-odd to win, after a couple of overs Van Beek comes on and bowls - in the space of an over - 5 wides, another wide, a no ball that goes for four, then allows Wells to hit a 4, a 6 and a 4 off him to concede 26 for the over and lets Wells reach his ton. No one knows why the **** they did it, but it once again proves Canterbury is full of ****s. Someone I know who was there was far from convinced it wasn't deliberate.