• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia a country with no culture: David Gower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For those not watching the England v New Zealand ODI, Gower has basically admitted to doing a bit of trolling with his comments and that he finds the furore caused by them quite amusing.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah this is about as blatant a troll as you will find. Bun was better disguised when he did it here

I wouldn't call myself an expert on culture, but I do know I'd rather live in Australia than England. Nicer place, friendlier people, better opportunities.
100% agree with you on all counts.......but you never say that aloud Nasser!! Think it, don't say it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lubo used to love the Adelaide rest days up at Chateau Tanunda in the Barossa.

Stapel

International Regular
Just an attempt to stir things up, right? I can see the fun of it. I've always liked verbal contests, even when crossing a line.

One thing though: the remarks on English football stadium and its audience, compared to Aussie cricket audience.
Could it be that, in England, cricket, including its spectators and followers, is a somewhat upper class sport, at least compared to football, whereas Australian cricket is the people's number one sport, like football is in England? I've never been to Australia (will do so sooner or later), but I have been to various sports events in England. Watching cricket at Lord's or The Oval is just something so totally different from watching football.....

TNT

Banned
Just an attempt to stir things up, right? I can see the fun of it. I've always liked verbal contests, even when crossing a line.

One thing though: the remarks on English football stadium and its audience, compared to Aussie cricket audience.
Could it be that, in England, cricket, including its spectators and followers, is a somewhat upper class sport, at least compared to football, whereas Australian cricket is the people's number one sport, like football is in England? I've never been to Australia (will do so sooner or later), but I have been to various sports events in England. Watching cricket at Lord's or The Oval is just something so totally different from watching football.....
Aussie rules is the number one sport in Australia.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Aussie rules is the number one sport in Australia.
Cricket is your No 1 "National" sport mate. AFL is still very state oriented.....walk into a pub in North Queensland and start talking about AFL and see how far you get.

Despite the introduction of new teams AFL would be a distant 3rd in terms of interest behind Cricket and Rugby League in the Northern half of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.