• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia a country with no culture: David Gower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Australia is home to the oldest continuously existing culture on earth. Sure, you don't need to keep your suit coat on when you have High Tea here like you do at the Ritz, but there's a bit more to culture than a decent cup of tea (not that there is anything wrong with a good cuppa).
hmm wasn't that oldest continuously existing culture on earth considered fauna by your legal system till '67?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that's because the place was filled with english people and their ****ty off spring until we opened the place up after world war ii

uvelocity

International Coach
In summing up, it’s the Constitution, it’s Mabo, it’s justice, it’s law, it’s the vibe and — No, that’s it. It’s the vibe!

Burgey

Tim Winton seems to be fairly highly regarded. Patrick White won the Nobel Prize for Literature.

TNT

Banned
Australia has just been ranked as the happiest developed nation, maybe not having the burden of all that culture is good for the soul.

Top_Cat

Yeah, really unsure why arachnodouche bought that up at all.

Livestock until '65, incidentally. The citizenship referendum occurred in '67.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe that some people are still treating this seriously. It is quite obviously just a rubbish bit of 'banter.'

NickDB

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
As a Saffer I have to agree with him.

Any country that enjoys spending time out doors, cooking on an open fire with ice cold beer, with brilliant people that you can trade jibes without people's noses getting out of joint, play a mean game of rugby and cricket and really couldn't be arsed about wearing a jacket to dinner really has NO culture what so ever.

/s just in case it's needed.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yeah this is about as blatant a troll as you will find. Bun was better disguised when he did it here

I wouldn't call myself an expert on culture, but I do know I'd rather live in Australia than England. Nicer place, friendlier people, better opportunities.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Any country that can't pronounce the word "maroon" properly clearly doesn't have any culture to speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.