• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing confessions

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I once purposefully got out as my bet was 1 shot off the lead in The Open on the back 9 so I could go and watch it. Parnevik lost out to Justin Leonard so justice was done.

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Once was clearly caught behind on the third ball of my innings.. All opponents appealed, given not out, didn't walk.. Go on to hit 67* and win the game.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Once I was fielding on the boundary and the opposition hit a four. When I went to pick up the ball there was a big half rotten red apple next to it. I picked that up instead and threw it to the keeper. As he caught it it smashed and he was covered in apple cider for the rest of the afternoon.

bagapath

International Captain
I once mankaded the non striker and screamed in joy. He pulled out a stump and whacked me non stop till I started bleeding under my left eye. Some bastard had told him about me necking around with his sister who was 6 years older than us and this gave him a good excuse to thrash me. i took the beating quietly, went back home with a badly swollen face and lied to my grandpa that I top edged a pull shot straight into my face. (The girl apologised to me later and made up for this properly)

Burgey

I once purposefully got out as my bet was 1 shot off the lead in The Open on the back 9 so I could go and watch it. Parnevik lost out to Justin Leonard so justice was done.
Haha, there was a bloke at our club who played lower grades who used to leave the field to listen to the races.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sometimes I don't watch a match, and then tell people what happened based on what I read about it on cw.
Haha, gold. Sometimes I do that and then recycle that information back into CW like it's the truth, particularly where it meshes with my existing biases - what, is that an echo I hear?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I once mankaded the non striker and screamed in joy. He pulled out a stump and whacked me non stop till I started bleeding under my left eye. Some bastard had told him about me necking around with his sister who was 6 years older than us and this gave him a good excuse to thrash me. i took the beating quietly, went back home with a badly swollen face and lied to my grandpa that I top edged a pull shot straight into my face. (The girl apologised to me later and made up for this properly)
That's a winning story, tbh. How old were you at the time, as I don't think I'd have taken being thrashed with a cricket stump in such good humour.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
One time, when my dad was umpiring a cricket game, I appealed for a caught behind that the batsman had missed by about 6 inches (no exaggeration). He gave it out. Literally everyone on the field knew it wasn't out. Still gave the batsman some **** as he was walking off.

Spikey

i once said i didn't really mind where i batted, attempting to give the impression I'm a calm customer who ain't afraid of nothing, but in reality i did not want to open

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A mate of mine once, as an adult, got Charles Colvile's autograph for himself. I don't have anything comparable.