• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Single Test or Fifty ODIs?

One Test or Fifty ODIs?

• Total voters

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As most of us are social cricketers and will never get close to international cricket; given the choice of a career at the top level, would you rather play a solitary Test and no ODIs or 50 ODIs and no Tests.

For me it isn't even close. A single Test would be special. The top of the mountain. No amount of LOIs could replace that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If the 50 ODIs included a World Cup victory I would chose ODIs. If I just sporadically played a few ODIs here, a few there etc I would go the Tests.

Happy enough just posting my cricket opinions though. :)

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Likely to make a load more money and tour a few more interesting places playing 50 ODI's. If you play only one test you're likely to have played **** in it.

jan

State Vice-Captain
I immediately wanted to answer 1 test but then...50 successful ODIs aint bad so cant really say which one Id choose.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Likely to make a load more money and tour a few more interesting places playing 50 ODI's. If you play only one test you're likely to have played **** in it.
Would you rather write one critically acclaimed book or popular and commercial fluff?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'd take 50 oders in which i am man of the match in 3 World Cup finals over a test match in Hobart, for example.

Uppercut

Would you rather write one critically acclaimed book or popular and commercial fluff?
Writing a book is a bit more like work than playing cricket, though. I'd maybe feel like I'd achieved more having played a test but I'd have more fun playing 50 LOIs.

Spikey

I earned millions and millions of dollars as a freelance t20 player in the years between each world cup ftr

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
i'd take 50 oders in which i am man of the match in 3 World Cup finals over a test match in Hobart, for example.
Over an Ashes finale where you score 401* and chase down 700 to win? Fantasy is fantasy, right?

Spikey

seems like i'd probably end up with some mental troubles if i did that and was never picked again

smash84

The Tiger King
awta. 50 ODIs easily

as much as I think that test cricket is the real deal but other more mundane concerns like money, fame (at least in Pakistan ppl will know me :p) and traveling would definitely lure me to 50 ODIs.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
awta. 50 ODIs easily

as much as I think that test cricket is the real deal but other more mundane concerns like money, fame (at least in Pakistan ppl will know me :p) and traveling would definitely lure me to 50 ODIs.
Money I understand but I couldn't think of anything worse than fame.