• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Single Test or Fifty ODIs?

One Test or Fifty ODIs?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'll take the ODIs 'cause I probably wouldn't have to bat. And I'd be knackered after a day's cricket and stay in bed.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
spin-off: would your rather captain your team for one test, or 50 ODers

Stapel

International Regular
I stand corrected. I was under the impression Bracken never played a single Test. I checked and he has five.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know why you would say that Smali. Like Goughy, I think fame is ****. Why the **** would anyone want to be a celebrity?

Would you not rather be like the Einsteins, the Nightingales, the Da Vincis of this world who did not pursue fame rather it pursued them because they devoted their lives to purely help people, solve a problem, gain knowledge, create, etc.
I don't think so agent.. I do believe people in the world go after fame and that is no wrong..There is even 2 tiny cents of fame you get when Goughy or you say here that you don't like fame..A name of 'no-fame' guy that you guys would like to have..And Jono would have been happy at the corner of his heart on getting to know of having some fame here in the forum after winning BOTM(which is well deserved I would say)..

Not targeting anyone here, just saying that someone who wishes to be famous is doing no wrong by wishing so..

Arachnodouche

International Captain
50 ODIs for sure. There was a time when ODIs were pretty damned cool and prowess at them wasn't something to be scoffed at. You could carve out a fairly legendary career out of 50 games, I'd think.

juro

U19 12th Man
Playing just one test either means:
a) you weren't good enough to play to begin with (only getting selected because everyone else ahead of you got injured)
b) you played so badly that the selectors would never consider you again
c) you had a career ending injury

Playing 50 ODIs means:
1. You were good enough at the top level to play for 4 or 5 years
2. You most likely get to go to a World Cup
3. You get to travel the world, playing against all the best players from various teams

So I'd definitely go with the 50 ODIs.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
50 ODIs by a long shot

In a sense I've already done a form of the "One test" thing. Once high school finished I showed up to the training for a local club. The prems coach liked the look of me and chucked me into the team out of nowhere. Needless to say I opened the bowling got murdered, probably becoming known to the team "that **** guy who played one game for us", and it really didn't feel good being so utterly and hopelessly in the deep end. Imagine how much worse it'd be at a level like test cricket? Playing 50 games implies some sort of competency and gelling within the team framework which is where the fun of team sport is.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The 50 ODIs every single time. I wouldn't want to end up a one test wonder. If you've played just the one test, it's either that you were crap or there were extenuating circumstances (ill health, family issues, politics etc) that prevented you from playing any more. Who wants to deal with all that ****? 50 ODIs is a decent run. One Test isn't.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 50 ODIs every single time. I wouldn't want to end up a one test wonder. If you've played just the one test, it's either that you were crap or there were extenuating circumstances (ill health, family issues, politics etc) that prevented you from playing any more. Who wants to deal with all that ****? 50 ODIs is a decent run. One Test isn't.
He's back!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Of ffs even with the new forum upgrade the forum still places a random space in between consecutive letters.

A ****ing travesty.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Of ffs even with the new forum upgrade the forum still places a random space in between consecutive letters.

A ****ing travesty.
It's deliberately coded in like that to stop you typing a ridiculous long string of letters with no spaces that would stretch out the width of the forum and spoil the display, like if you posted a really wide image.

Of course if you wanted to do that then you could always just actually post a really wide image, so the idea is flawed, but it's the thought that counts.