• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which top batsmen have been dismissed the most by part-time bowlers?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure about frequent, but I remember Rob Key getting out to Damien Martyn and Steve Waugh in the 2002-03 Ashes.
Yeah I thought of that when I first opened the thread. People started saying he had a "weakness" to part-time brisk medium nude balls. Obviously it was more mental than anything, especially since those sort of bowlers are generally used right before a break for that exact purpose.
Yep, Key was the first name to come to mind for me as well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin got out to Cronje quite frequently..If there is a vote, Bradman and Sachin might come 1 and 2 in this too..

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It depends how you define 'part-time' bowlers, but I'd like to nominate Don Bradman.

He was dismissed 70 times in his Test career, and 11 of those dismissals were by genuine batsman who usually bat in the Top-6. This gives a percentage of 16, which I reckon is disproportionately high;

Hammond = 3
Hazare = 2
Martin = 2
Morkel = 1
Phadkar = 1
Edrich = 1
Amarnath = 1
TOTAL = 11

(I can only assume that Bradman was either very tired, or perhaps 'having a go' when he got out to the above bowlers)
Hammond has over 700 FC wickets. He was a fine bowler in his own right.

Was it Vaughan or Hussain that got dismissed by Jacques Rudolph in the 2003 series?