• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Compo

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Compo

As his grandson faces a struggle to keep his Test place Martin looks back at the life and times of a man who was never dropped by England

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great article. What a player, and such elan about him.

It's great the player of the Ashes series gets the Compton-Miller award. They were two of a kind in the way they went about it.

stumpski

International Captain
A big hero of my dad's, and of a man I used to work with, both of whom were born around 1930 and the ideal age for idolising him in those postwar years. I remember that Titmus quote, it was in his Wisden obituary in 1998. EW Swanton paid a nice tribute as well: "I doubt if any game at any period has thrown up anyone to match his popular appeal in the England of 1947 to 1949."