• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Six who came in from the Cold

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The best thing I remember about that series was Martin Bicknell's delicious set-up of Jacques Rudolph at (I think) the Oval test.

3 away swingers set up Rudolph to leave the fourth alone. Bang - inswinger hits the top of off. Or at least that's how I remember it.

Anyone happen to have seen that particular wicket on You Tube anywhere?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Good article, 2003 was the first summer where I made an effort to sit down and follow Test cricket, hence my love for Jimmeh.

Flintoff's batting that summer was awesome.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Very interesting article, but the author missed a trick.

"James Kirtley helped Sussex to two more titles before retiring in 2010, and now runs a sportswear company."

I wouldn't have used 'retiring' - I would have said 'chucked it in'. Then again, I would probably have been sued.