• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

C.L.R. James

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
C.L.R. James is an interesting figure. Born in the West Indies, he joined the Trotskyist movement. After leaving the Trotskyist movement, he joined the West Papua independence movement, while writing much about Cricket. Let's talk anything about him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I've read a book about cricket by him. There were two cricketing errors in the book. Apart from that I remember he can spin a good yarn.

A man in dress pants turned up to the nets. He put on some pads and had a bat. He was the most exquisite batsman I had ever seen. Every ball he had a different shot.
For some reason that quote sticks in my mind.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
"What do they know of cricket who only cricket know?"

Might just be the most famous cricket-related bon mot of all time. Not a bad epitaph for anyone.

Nice one Cyril, indeed.