• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft version 4.0

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
How else could you explain the clashes in the 'Subcontential Question'? By rights it should be all done and dusted by now for the simple reason that there are numerous excellent players to choose from. The pool is relatively enormous.
Very small pool to choose from with that question. India and Pakistan are the only real contenders (as Bangladesh SL hadn't really done much til the cut off ) and even then the pool of good players is fairly small.

Everyone was bound to go for one of the four Indian spinners. I'm just disappointed I didn't go for Hazare first up. I was going to, but second guessed myself.

watson

Banned
Very small pool to choose from with that question. India and Pakistan are the only real contenders (as Bangladesh SL hadn't really done much til the cut off ) and even then the pool of good players is fairly small.

Everyone was bound to go for one of the four Indian spinners. I'm just disappointed I didn't go for Hazare first up. I was going to, but second guessed myself.
I agree that of the 'Indian Quartet' is desirable, but I count about 14-15 spinners from the Subcontinent that would sit comfortably in my team. Also, there are about 30-35 batsman that I would be quite happy to have in my line-up. And so forth.

All-in-all I would guess that the 'Subcontinental' pool of acceptable players is about 4-5 times larger than the 'AEIOU' pool.

But that's just my opinion.

BTW I'll try not to clash with your picks again. Seems to be a bad habit.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thanks for giving out sheep guys. With the AEIOU question, personally think that was a fair few middle of the road, to decent players who demanded selection which no one has mentioned so far, so I'm pretty comfortable with the question. If I had to change something, I would have made it question 3 and had the not out the fifth question, but making the questions challenging is good IMO.

We are just waiting on harsh again..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah not sure I should wait much longer. I mean, if he nominated last pick, I would wait the full 24 hours, but he hasn't picked for a while now.

BTW, any issues with me doing questions 6,7,8 together followed by 9,10,11 and then round 12 by itself last. I'm definitely doing q12 as a sole question.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll wait a bit to give out the final results, but in the mean time I'll be a man and hunt out some more questions..

Question 6.1

Select a Cricketer who has officiated in a Test match as an umpire or match referee

Question 7.1

Select a Cricketer who debuted after Don Bradman's last Test match and ended their career before Sachin Tendulkar's Test debut. (Full Test career between Aug 19 1948 and Nov 14 1989).

Question 8.1
(Siddle dismayed at the number of Cricketers who haven't scored 50 and dismayed he had to wait until question 8 to feature as an image in a Sheep Draft run by NUFAN)
Select a Cricketer who has never reached 50 in a Test innings before

You have 24 hours from the moment I give out the finals results from questions 3,4,5.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Go and have recess or something KK, it takes a while to provide the results for this when coincidentally, I'm in the middle of my own assignment that is due on Friday.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
QUESTION 3 FINAL RESULTS
Justo - Joel Garner
Coronis - Inzamam ul-Haq
Spikey - Geoff Boycott
Monk - Waqar Younis
Fred - Brian Statham
Cabinet - Adam Gilchrist
Watson - Curtly Ambrose
Morgie - James Anderson
Marcuss - Wasim Akram
honest - Dale Steyn
Pothas - Dennis Lillee
AndyZalt - Muttiah Muralitharan
KingKallis - Allan Border
BeeGee - Ken Barrington

Nil

QUESTION 4 FINAL RESULTS
Justo - Vijay Merchant
Spikey - Shoaib Mohammad
Monk - Erapalli Prasanna
Fred - Amar Singh
Watson - Vijay Manjrekar
Morgie - Wasim Bari
Marcuss - Dilip Vengsarkar
honest - Vinoo Mankad
Pothas - Zaheer Abbas
KingKallis - Gundappa Viswanath
BeeGee - Mushtaq Mohammad

Coronis - HK Jayantilal (selected Mushtaq Mohammad, 4.2)
Cabinet - Maharajah of Vizianagram (Javagal Srinath, misses the criteria)
AndyZalt - Pubudu Dassanayake (selected Amar Singh, 4.1)

QUESTION 5 FINAL RESULTS
Monk - Godfrey Evans
Fred - Bob Appleyard
Cabinet - Derek Underwood
Watson - Bill Edrich
Morgie - Denis Amiss
Pothas - Hashim Amla
AndyZalt - Norm O'Neill
BeeGee - Eric Atkinson

Marcuss - Usman Afzaal (selected Denis Amiss 5.2)
honest - HD Ackerman (selected Eric Atkinson, 5.2)
KingKallis - John Inverarity (selected Denis Amiss, 5.2)
Justo - Ronnie Irani (selected Derek Underwood, 5.1)
Coronis - Geoff Allott (selected Godfrey Evans, 5.2)
Spikey - David O'Sullivan (selected Norm O'Neill, 5.2)

Players Selected
Zaheer Abbas, HD Ackerman, Usman Afzaal, Geoff Allott, Wasim Akram, Curtly Ambrose, Hashim Amla, Denis Amiss, James Anderson, Bob Appleyard, Eric Atkinson, Wasim Bari, Ken Barrington, Jack Blackham, Allan Border, Geoff Boycott, Greg Chappell, Trevor Chappell, Pubudu Dassanayake, Bill Edrich, Godfrey Evans, Ted Dexter, Andy Flower, Joel Garner, Sunil Gavaskar, Adam Gilchrist, Edward Grace, WG Grace, Subhash Gupte, Ian Healy, John Inverarity, Ronnie Irani, Terry Jarvis, HK Jayantilal, Talha Jubair, Gary Kirsten, AG Kripal Singh, Dennis Lillee, Vinoo Mankad, Hamish Marshall, Vijay Merchant, Javed Miandad, Mushtaq Mohammad, Shoaib Mohammad, Morne Morkel, Mushrafe Mortaza, Chris Mpofu, Muttiah Muralitharan, Norm O'Neill, David O'Sullivan, Darrin Pattinson, James Pattinson, Graeme Pollock, Erapalli Prasanna, Bruce Reid, Andy Roberts, Amar Singh, Brian Statham, Dale Steyn, Herbie Taylor, Inzamam Ul-Haq, Derek Underwood, Dilip Vengsarkar, Gundappa Viswanath, Maharajah of Vizianagram, Bill Voce, Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh, Everton Weekes, Bob Willis, Waqar Younis,

Banned Players
Neil Adcock, Les Ames, Ron Archer, Warwick Armstrong, Bishen Bedi, Richie Benaud, Greg Chappell, Colin Croft, Martin Crowe, Kapil Dev, Farokh Engineer, Richard Hadlee, Neil Harvey, Vijay Hazare, Bert Ironmonger, Jacques Kallis, , Imran Khan, Jim Laker, Maurice Leyland, Fazal Mahmood, Glenn McGrath, Bill O'Reilly, Peter Pollock, Robin Smith, Garry Sobers.

Questions (again)
Q 6.1 Select a Cricketer who has officiated in a Test match as an umpire or match referee
Q 7.1 Select a Cricketer who debuted after Don Bradman's last Test match and ended their career before Sachin Tendulkar's Test debut. (Full Test career between Aug 19 1948 and Nov 14 1989).
Q 8.1 Select a Cricketer who has never reached 50 in a Test innings before

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

1. Sunil Gavaskar
4. Gundappa Vishwanath
5. Allan Border (c)
8. John Inverarity (****)
10. Morne Morkel

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
First question is gonna hurt so many people I feel.
There are enough answers though to make the question work. I think there are some solid cricketers to pick.

KK, Invers isn't the worst sheep to get, he makes a decent fifth bowling option and seems capable of batting at 7.

Fred and Watson are the only ones without a sheep yet.