• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft version 4.0

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll post the banning numbers of each player when we finish. I think it can make a difference on a persons pick if they think no one banned Bradman or if they think 6 people for example, banned him.

We are just waiting on Morgie and Justo.
Yeah, my mistake. Re-sent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was not surprised at all with Botham being banned as a few teams where screaming out for a quality bowling allrounder. I'm not a Pollock fan but he fits that category well too.

Watson, re: Burke vs. Sohail would you consider perhaps who's part time would fit into the team more?

KK, you shouldn't have entered in your pick mate, someone still playing emailed me your player and then changed their mind, I'm assuming because they saw your team.

watson

Banned
I was not surprised at all with Botham being banned as a few teams where screaming out for a quality bowling allrounder. I'm not a Pollock fan but he fits that category well too.

Watson, re: Burke vs. Sohail would you consider perhaps who's part time would fit into the team more?

KK, you shouldn't have entered in your pick mate, someone still playing emailed me your player and then changed their mind, I'm assuming because they saw your team.
By 'part time' I assume that you mean 'part-time bowling'? I originally picked Bill Edrich because he occasionally opened the bowling for England with his fast-medium and fitted the 'batting-allrounder' category nicely (41 wickets in 30 Tests at 41.29, SR of 78.8). But yes, having Sohail's left-arm orthodox would be helpful as well (25 wickets in 47 Tests at 41.96, SR of 95.3).

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
No one has an allrounder as good as my main man. Not talking Procter, or Davidson. Talking "Slasher" McKay.

Spikey

I must admit, it didn't even cross my mind to ban Bradman, and I actually thought Marshall was already taken. So Botham opened himself as an obvious player to ban.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Round 12.2 Results

PASS
Spikey
Monk
Fred
Watson
honest
KingKallis
Justo
Pothas
AndyZalt
BeeGee

FAIL
Morgie - (Brian Lara, round 12 banning)

So we are just waiting for Morgie and we are done. A bit of a pressure as I'm sure the potential sheep is going to bad, if someone wants to nominate a sheep in the mean time go for it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
And we are done.

ROUND 12 RESULTS
Justo - Ricky Ponting
Spikey - Jason Gillespie
Monk - Stan McCabe
Fred - Harold Larwood
Watson - Sachin Tendulkar
Morgie - Kevin Pietersen
honest - Graham Gooch
Pothas - Alec Bedser
AndyZalt - Ray Lindwall
KingKallis - Michael Holding
BeeGee - Ian Bishop

Players that were nominated to be banned
Don Bradman x 4
Malcolm Marshall x 2
Jack Hobbs x 2
Shaun Pollock
Ian Botham
Brian Lara

Hobbs the only one who no one picked.

If everyone can name their final XI's we will then start with voting. Last time I got everyone to email me the 3 best teams 3,2,1 are we happy to do that again or go the standard voting way with a poll?

Red

Monk's Baaaaa

- Alaistair Cook
- Charles Bannerman
- Stan McCabe (average of 70 at #3)
- Greg Chappell *
- Martin Moxon
- Ken "Slasher" McKay
- Mike Procter
- Godfrey Evans +
- Alan Davidson
- Waqar Younis
- Erapalli Prasanna

12th- Darren Pattinson

Had to decide between Moxon and Pattinson for 12th. Have a pretty cracking pace bowling attack with Waqar, Procter, Davidson (plus McKay) so Patto's bro sits out. Moxon had a FC batting average of 42 over 300 games, so I'd imagine he can handle himself in the middle order there.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
The obvious missing player who was neither selected or banned is Vivian Richards. Len Hutton also deserves an honourable mention. Incredible.

Would have liked another marquee batsman for sure, but the batting is solid enough, and the team perfectly balanced as it stands. As far as team composition is concerned I would change nothing.

Watson's XI
01. Colin McDonald
02. Aamer Sohail (6)
03. Vijay Manjrekar
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Bill Edrich (5)
06. Tiger Pataudi*
07. Jim Parks+
08. Andy Roberts (2)
09. Curtly Ambrose (1)
10. Peter Heine (3)
11. Subhash Gupte (4)

12th Jim Burke

Note: Assuming a younger less rotund Manjrekar who averaged 65.85 at No.3

Last edited:

Red

The obvious missing player who was neither selected or banned is Vivian Richards. Len Hutton also deserves an honourable mention. Incredible.
Imagine neither fitted the criteria in the rounds, and then people were presuming they'd (Viv esp) be banned or double picked in the final round.

BeeGee

International Captain
BeeGee's flock

1. Arthur Morris
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Glenn Turner
4. Ken Barrington
5. Mushtaq Mohammad
6. Craig McMillan
7. John R Reid * +
8. Eric Atkinson
9. David Brown
10. Ian Bishop
11. Bruce Reid

12. AG Kripal Singh (***)

morgieb

1. Amiss
2. Atherton
3. Trott
4. Lloyd
5. Cowdrey
6. Pietersen
7. Warne
8. Bari
9. Thomson
10. Anderson
11. Mpofu (***)

12. Grace (***)

Not bad by sheep standards, but I don't like the long tail here.

BeeGee

International Captain
Yeah, thanks KK, that was handy. Although it probably wouldn't have mattered in the end, just saved me a wasted round.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Imagine neither fitted the criteria in the rounds, and then people were presuming they'd (Viv esp) be banned or double picked in the final round.
I was going to select Viv because I reckoned that most of the bannings would be soaked up by Bradman and Lara (and perhaps Marshall). But I went Sachin in the end because I was 'sure' that you would select him to partner Greg Chappell. And therefore have the two iconic batsman of the 70s/80s. Still a very nice team BTW Monk.