• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

And God Created Cricket

rtlloyd98

Cricket Spectator
Hello all,

I've just concluded the brilliant book on cricket's vast history, "And God Created Cricket" by Simon Hughes. After reading it, I can't help but imagine a television show based on this book.

2014 will be the 150th anniversary of the Home of Cricket, Lord's. Therefore, I believe it is just to have a series on the history of cricket and the humour in Hughes's book will do the job in my eyes.

The only concern I have is who would do it and how? Does anybody know how I could make this idea aware and who can I contact too make it happen?

Please help, Rhys Lloyd. ( @rtlloyd98 )

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would imagine that Yosser himself might be quite keen on that idea, and as he works for Channel 5, albeit indirectly, is probably in the best position to make a pitch

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I would imagine that Yosser himself might be quite keen on that idea, and as he works for Channel 5, albeit indirectly, is probably in the best position to make a pitch
Considering who owns channel 5 I think that might result in a bit of a weird take on the book.