• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Warner's drunken tweeting

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
David Warner ‏@davidwarner31 2h
@malcolmconn putting Up with your **** talk why would anyone want to do that.

:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Malcolm Conn ‏@malcolmconn 2h
@davidwarner31 Its becoming increasingly obvious why Brad Haddin was brought back as vice captain. Your lengths behind in that race.

Smackdown

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Yeah, look, he's got the self-control of a newborn puppy in batting and in life.

Drop him for Rogers. Line in the sand etc.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh, I do wish someone of influence would call out Conn and Craddock more often but this was just a really, really dumb way of doing it.

Spikey

Old heads like Adam Gilchrist - who has earnt more than $7 million in the IPL and is still playing - can get in an out without being swayed but there is mounting concern that one young Australian player in India is behaving with increased recklessness as his moral radar scrambles with a large pay cheque which far outstrips his ability.
i wish it was maxwell but it's probably not

Top_Cat

Different situation, I reckon. Ponting isn't stupid, he was young, brash and arrogant, made a mistake and he had the capability and time to learn from his mistakes without damaging his Test prospects because he was a fringe member.

Warner, on the other hand, is firmly a senior member of the team and in line for leadership positions. The expectations are much greater and the penalties for not meeting them are (and should be) different. He should know better and that he doesn't is a massive faux pas on his part.

Last edited: