• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Listening to TMS at a Cricket Match

mawallace

Cricket Spectator
I have a friend of mine who often goes to Test matches, and listens to TMS in one ear!

What do other people do? Is there somewhere I can get a suitable device?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well you can get iplayer Radio or Tune In Radio apps for your phone which work pretty well. If you don't have a smartphone you can get a personal radio to take with you like these.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You can usually buy them at the ground as well. I know you definitely can at the Oval, can't remember about Lords.

Not that I've ever done it mind.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a friend of mine who often goes to Test matches, and listens to TMS in one ear!

What do other people do? Is there somewhere I can get a suitable device?
I assume they do it in the UK but here in HMP Oz at the grounds you can buy an ear piece that connects you to the local live commentary.......never tried them so can't speak for how well they work or not.

Trouble with a radio or apps that are available on your phone is there is a significant delay in the broadcast which makes it hopeless. I love TMS and also the ABC commentators over here........tried before to watch the TV with crap Ch 9 or Sky commentary turned down and the radio on..........just doesn't work.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I used to do that whilst watching football at home. Would mute the TV and put the radio on. The time delay between the digital and analogue broadcasts was most inexpedient.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Have never tried this out, most ground authorities in India certainly wouldn't allow you in with a radio anyway. And certainly not the Eden Gardens which has had a history of crowd troubles.

The idea sounds very romantic though. One of the many things that reminds me of cricket in the West Indies pre-2007.

Spark

Global Moderator
I assume they do it in the UK but here in HMP Oz at the grounds you can buy an ear piece that connects you to the local live commentary.......never tried them so can't speak for how well they work or not.

Trouble with a radio or apps that are available on your phone is there is a significant delay in the broadcast which makes it hopeless. I love TMS and also the ABC commentators over here........tried before to watch the TV with crap Ch 9 or Sky commentary turned down and the radio on..........just doesn't work.
The earpiece can be a bit finicky but it actually works ok. The sound quality is alright and the volume control works. Main problem is that it's only one ear, which can be discomfiting after a while, needs a headphone jack.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
The earpiece can be a bit finicky but it actually works ok. The sound quality is alright and the volume control works. Main problem is that it's only one ear, which can be discomfiting after a while, needs a headphone jack.
Is it in sync with the play?? (I assume it is)

I wonder how that works when there is always a delay with either analogue or digital radio?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The ones in England give you the choice of either sky sports or tms, but both are in real time. Cost a tenner though which is enough for two and a half pints or a large pimm's and a burger so to hell with it

Sometimes you can get them free through one of the various sponsorship tents

uvelocity

International Coach
they change the ****ng things though. last time i went i took ones i bought a couple of years earlier and they didnt work anymore. changed the frequencies or something. 30 buck paperweight

burr

State Vice-Captain
Old school Sony walkman! I still own one and use it sometime when I go to the cricket. The commentary is particularly welcome when play's a little dull.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why not just buy a little radio/ Walkman thing with headphones ffs?

Edit: beaten

greg

International Debutant
Good value doing this (at the ground or watching the TV) when Blowers is on. You get two different games for the price of one!