• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Spot Fixing Scandal

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
From my FB page . . . .

If you really love the game of cricket . . . Take a vow . . . NOW !

" I will not watch any more IPL cricket till BCCI is cleansed, Srinivasan goes, the politicians get out and the "*****footing" is put to an end"

If you are not willing to do that then stop complaining about corruption in cricket or in any other facet of our lives for you have agreed to support the rot by your acts of omission. You then are as more a part of the problem than its victim.

The time has come for you to decide. An empty Eden gardens on the day of the finals and TRP ratings of 0.00 is the only weapon you have to force a solution. Your individual decision to contribute to that target is all that should concern you. If you would rather watch the game to see a few mi****s going over shortened boundaries and wickets falling to deliveries that should never have done, the lump it and stop cribbing about the rot that has set in and clicking your tongue in regret.

Do not expect the electronic media to do your job or the former cricketers or the cops or the politicians. For them it is just a business, a way to make extra bucks, a job where they are restricted by the dictates of their political masters and an opportunity to make some big bucks from honorary posts and hob-nob with the celebrities at the same time respectively.

You the cricket fan are the only one who has no vested interest except a stake in the good game and a genuine emotional connect. Do it now or the chance may not come again.​

Of course it is addressed to Indians by and large but I guess most if it applies to cricket lovers all over the world.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hmmm. I feel pretty guilty now as I literally just bet some money on the Mumbai vs. Rajasthan match and am about to watch. I have literally done the exact opposite of what you want.

bagapath

International Captain
The real Meiyappan, Gurunath's grand dad, was a true movie mogul, like a time Warner or Meyer. He owned huge studios in two cities, employed thousands of technicians, produced and directed hundreds of films, introduced some of the biggest stars of Indian films, worked with every superstar bar none and died mega rich and mighty respected. I live not too far from his last remaining shooting floors and I have met his father once and his uncle, the true heir of the old man's movie legacy, many times. Quite shocked about this development. Hope he is clean.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The real Meiyappan, Gurunath's grand dad, was a true movie mogul, like a time Warner or Meyer. He owned huge studios in two cities, employed thousands of technicians, produced and directed hundreds of films, introduced some of the biggest stars of Indian films, worked with every superstar bar none and died mega rich and mighty respected. I live not too far from his last remaining shooting floors and I have met his father once and his uncle, the true heir of the old man's movie legacy, many times. Quite shocked about this development. Hope he is clean.
Dude.. u live in Vadapalani. ??? I used to stay in Kodambakkam :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He is not. He has been arrested for betting and cheating besides other acts after four hours of grilling.

He lost one rupees one crore (ten million) in the current edition of IPL alone. How much he actually bet and how much of it on CSK is anybody's guess.

The stuff that was coming out of police head quarters in Mumbai till the early hours was stunning. Virender Singh Randhawa aka Vindoo was Gurunath'contact man with bookies in India, Pakistan and Dubai. He even asked Vindoo to book rooms for bookies in five star hotels in cities during the games. This included the two really big bookies who just managed to escape just as the cops were busy arresting the three cricketers and the first batch of bookies. Vindoo himself dropped them at Mumbai airport from the hotel where he had booked them at Guru's orders.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He hasn't been arrested for Fixing though. More for Betting, but still considering he was a insider, it's a issue.

Wonder if this gets rid of Srinivasan now ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The biggest scandal in the game for as long as I can remember and yet this place has become silent as a tomb. Perhaps a tomb is appropriate . . . for the faithful may finally have taken time out for mourning . . . or is it a strategic time out ? By the way, does anyone have a "fresh" insight on why a twenty over game needs two time outs !! :sleep:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, read it. Found it quite interesting, but felt like he only had enough content for 150 pages, and he wrote for 250.

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Reports indicate that previous BCCI Chief Shashank Manohar (A Marathi) will be bought back.More ammo to the idea that this is a war between Srinivasan and Sharad Pawar.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Reports indicate that previous BCCI Chief Shashank Manohar (A Marathi) will be bought back.More ammo to the idea that this is a war between Srinivasan and Sharad Pawar.
Of course there are rivalries in BCCI. Everyone knows that. Lalit Modi too had his backers even after the s&£@ hit the ceiling. But let's not even give the whiff of the suggestion that this entire scandal and expose by the cops in two states is somehow a drama staged by Srinivasan's opponents in the board. I am not saying you are suggesting that but this is how some can construe it.

There is muck, truckloads of it and it has tainted and sullied many white khaki dresses and safari suits in India. It is only natural that the political and/ or business interest rivals will try to take advantage but we, the cricket fans, need to be wary of both paries. We do not want Srinivasan and we do not want Sharad Pawar. Lets not differentiate between them or worry ourselves with their rivalries. Our concern has to be the good of the game and that is not served by these self serving politicians, businessmen and other hangers on around the corridors of power in the country.

This line of argument is just the stuff Lalit Modi used, and still does. These guys are no better. This is the defence every single corrupt Indian politician and senior official uses (it's the handiwork of my rivals to malign me) and we would be falling into their shady camps/corners if we started off on these lines.

I repeat, this is not to suggest you are providing an excuse for Srinivasan or his son-in-law but it can be construed as such.

PS to suggest that this is something to do with the communities they come from - Marathi versus Tamilian - sounds so bad I dread to comment on it

Last edited:

scorpio1990

I am not suggesting or backing either party. Both have nothing good to add to Indian cricket. But at the same time, whether we like it or not regional groups(in this case Marathi and Tamil) have a role to play here. As for Sharad Pawar, he is a dangerous man and has been waiting ever since to take revenge on Srinivasan for apparent humiliation he had to suffer. He showed it when he broke away from Congress and has ever since kept near total control over Maharashtra especially Money cow- Mumbai.

PS I am not talking about the whole community.Only the elites.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is not a coincidence that it is the MUMBAI police who are involved here... I am not saying they are acting wrong or anything.. juz that if it were some other city's police, they wont have had the blessings from higher up to continue in this road, IMO. It is obvious that it s a well planned out activity by Pawar and Co to get back at Srini. It is amazing how good these groups get at planning when it is about political powerplays.. Dalmiya to Pawar to Modi to Pawar to Srini to Pawar again... It is amazing... 8-)

scorpio1990

True. Got to give to these guys who're running the show from the background. Spinning a power struggle as a 'cricket khatre me hai!!' Issue and calling for srini mama's resignation and csk dismissal and thats it.

BTW, Why were Mumbai police recording Vindaloo/SIL talks on phone without warrant ? Atleast Delhi police accidentally stumbled..Whats Mumbai police's excuse

scorpio1990

Celebrities not real owners of IPL teams: Dinesh Kalgi

In an interview to Gujarati news channel, Gujarat’s satta/betting/gambling king Dinesh Kalgi said that the real owners of celebrity “owned” IPL teams are underworld people who operate from abroad. Replying a question on Shahrukh Khan’s IPL team, he said such celebrities are selected to run the team by “real owners” who operate from out of the country.

Kalgi said, it is not any India based bookie’s job to do match fixing. He said it is the underworld that operates from Dubai, South Africa and Australia which is able to fix the cricket matches. He said while Cricket matches are fixed by underworld, football matches are fixed by mafias.
Celebrities not real owners of IPL teams: Dinesh Kalgi | DeshGujarat