• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Spot Fixing Scandal

uvelocity

International Coach
all i do is win win win no matter what got money on my mind i can never give it up everytime i step in the building errybodys hands go up and they stay there

cant wait for kohli to get done too

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I would like to believe some people can never be bought. It is possible that some people may hold on to their values under all circumstances. But may be I am naive. I just hope it it true.
Well, I'm sure there are some things people wouldn't do regardless of they got out of it. But we aren't exactly talking about murder here.

bagapath

International Captain
Haven't seen a single IPL match from start to finish. Actually havent seen more than two overs at a time in the last six years. And I am supposed to be a cricket addict.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't seen a single IPL match from start to finish. Actually havent seen more than two overs at a time in the last six years. And I am supposed to be a cricket addict.
Never seen more than 2 overs of a game myself and that was in the bookies. Maybe I shouldn't say that.

Hardly watch any of the English domestic 20/20 stuff so not likely to watch it with all foreigners am I.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Can't believe when this is used as a defence, yeah rich people have no greed, stands to reason.
No, it's not an excuse - but you have to remember, until recently (and even now) many non professionals don't make that much money. Risking your career for a $100k when your salary is a Sreesanth level $700k (or something like that) is very different to risking your career for a $100k when your salary is $20k (and many players make less than that - obviously it's different, with the cost of living being lower, but it's not enough to set yourself up after your playing days). If I was making the IPL minimum, and someone offered me 5x my yearly salary for one spot fixing, and doing it for a season or two could set me, and my family, up for the rest of my life - could I say I wouldn't be tempted? No. Would I do it? I would hope that I wouldn't, but the temptation would surely be there. On the other hand, if I had Tendulkar level endorsements, and I was already set up for life, I doubt the money would make a difference - at that point I'd be caring more about my legacy and such.

Obviously Sreesanth is neither living in poverty or is set up like Sachin - who knows what the state of his finances are - but I'm sure they do play a role in that decision...

Last edited: