Cricket Player Manager
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: IPL Spot Fixing Scandal

I haven't watched a game of the last 2 IPL seasons. The competitions a joke and it's always been clear it's corrupt.

Until the ICC can stop relying so heavily on the sub continent money then these things will keep happening and the majority of the time they will be swept under the rug and ignored. It's good business to not have your players banned. I'm sure if a better indian player was involved the would have covered it up. The IPL is a joke.

All I've read about Tait now is that officials have confirmed he isn't involved and they have no evidence, apparently started with a twitter rumour?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    The answer is to legalise betting in India.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Can someone explain how this works...apparently before a particular over, one of the guilty bowlers would signal something, like tucking a towel in their trousers, to indicate the desired over was about to begin. Then they would try and concede a particular amount of runs (e.g. 14) off the over. But that's the bit that I don't understand...how do you just concede a specific amount of runs off the over? I'm assuming the batsmen aren't in on it, so how can you rely on them executing the right shots, plus you putting the ball in the right areas to entice those shots without looking overtly suspicious?

Sounds like some really slick work from the police.

This is much more difficult to prove in court than the no ball spot-fixing case, but hopefully the recorded conversations and other evidence they have is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    it's so good that maxwell's first good moments in the IPL are because they were fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Luckiest player ever theory gaining weight.

at least that many deus_ex. so bowl some rank balls its only a few boundaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Can someone explain how this works...apparently before a particular over, one of the guilty bowlers would signal something, like tucking a towel in their trousers, to indicate the desired over was about to begin. Then they would try and concede a particular amount of runs (e.g. 14) off the over. But that's the bit that I don't understand...how do you just concede a specific amount of runs off the over? I'm assuming the batsmen aren't in on it, so how can you rely on them executing the right shots, plus you putting the ball in the right areas to entice those shots without looking overtly suspicious?
    It will be couched as more than/ less than runs off an over I would think.

is there an echo in here

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Hilarious....Few days ago some PakPassion member (who probably learned cricket from youtube) posted a thread saying something like Asif was greater than M Marshall or could have become greater bowler than Marshall and someone commented that a comparison between Asif and Sreesanth is more appropriate than comparison between Asif and Marshall.

This morning when I heard this news, above was the first thing that came to my mind.
    Last edited by Bouncer; 16-05-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    Hilarious....Few days ago some PakPassion member (who probably learned cricket from youtube) posted a thread saying something like Asif was greater than M Marshall or could have become greater bowler than Marshall and someone commented that a comparison between Asif and Sreesanth is more appropriate than comparison between Asif and Marshall.

This morning when I heard this news, above was the first thing that came to my mind.
    Haha that's great. Go dig it up.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    is there an echo in here
    No, because my explanation had an economy of language and a nuance which yours didn't.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post

This guy.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No, because my explanation had an economy of language and a nuance which yours didn't.
    your licence to talk about economy was revoked with the current deficit announcement.

almost went with lol at a lawyer talking about economy - would have been $50 + gst if that was a billable post

Pfft.

$50? I aint that cheap ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    your licence to talk about economy was revoked with the current deficit announcement.

almost went with lol at a lawyer talking about economy - would have been $50 + gst if that was a billable post
    The only people to still have a licence to talk about the economy are those two bearded MIT peers, one bald and one bold.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Who remembers the RR medium pace bowler Amit Singh? He was arrested as one of the bookies under the name of Amit Kumar. Later the police found out his real name which is Amit Singh.

I dont know if it makes any sense but I am damn sure the RR Management knew about this. He did play 23 games for them as well.
    CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner

Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
    Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
    The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information