• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Spot Fixing Scandal

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
"After the over, Chandila and Manan - a bookie - talk. Chandila asks him, 'Happy now?'. The bookie says yes. Chandila tells him the money shouldn't go directly to Chavan. Chandila wanted the money himself, and would then share it."
In my defense, it was all part of a plan to stop Sreesanth from ever playing again.

bagapath

International Captain
on 09.05.2009 i ranted about this ****....

To start with, I dont like Hayden very much. But his 58 ball knock of 89 last evening in the IPL was a very special T20 innings. After a whirlwind performance full of exciting shots, haydos upped the ante and belted three sixers in one over and holed out to the deep in the dying stages of the innings. the bowler, a prick called Sreesanth, instead of applauding him and saying "well played" shouted a mouthful of abuses at him and gave him marching orders. haydos just gave him a wry smile as response and walked off.

i wanted to hide under my sofa in shame looking at this mediocre cricketer mistaking petulance for passion and false bravado for toughness. i hope he stays out of the indian team forever and ends up selling lottery tickets on the streets for a living. better still i hope harbhajan slaps him one more time and both get banned for life.

I hate this graceless, talentless, brainless idiot.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's amazing how much you can read from someone's face alone.

Just has slimy bastard written all over it. Always disliked the guy, and this just vindicates it further.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I just received this from Cricket Australia.

Please see below a statement released by Shaun Tait via his management at Essentially Australia.

SHAUN TAIT STATEMENT RE: ALLEGATIONS OF IMPROPRIETY IN IPL

Rajasthan Royals and former Australian paceman Shaun Tait has welcomed statements from the Delhi police clearing him of any involvement in spot or match fixing in the IPL.

Tait said:

“I’m bewildered, I’m angry and I’m upset at the false suggestions I’ve been involved in any wrongdoing. While I welcome the recent statements from police clearing me of any involvement, for a few hours today I was deeply distressed by the rumours that were rapidly circulating about me, most of which were aired in the social media space. Not only were they without foundation, they highlight the danger of a medium that deals with innuendo rather than fact, the result of which has brought my name into question. At no stage in my career have I engaged in spot or match fixing and I’m in discussions with my manager and legal representatives to examine how this episode unfolded and any further action I may take. I pride myself on playing cricket hard and fair and look forward to continuing my career in this vein.”

ENDS

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heard Phil Tait was interviewed about this, unsurprisingly he's as upset as Shaun is. Some seriously twattish Twitter users about who may have put themselves in legal trouble over this. Really, there wasn't even the slightest inkling to suggest he was involved at all, someone just started a rumour out of nowhere.

I mean, well, you never know but I'd back any of the Taits to be cleaner than Mr Sheen.

Last edited:

Daemon

Teja searching through his law books for a loophole in order to bail his idol out aws

Spikey

even when it was shaun tait, i knew it was brad hodge

(dear mr. hodge's lawyers and his mother, the above was a reference to a classic simpsons joke and is not meant to slander your client and/or son in any way)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Heard Phil Tait was interviewed about this, unsurprisingly he's as upset as Shaun is. Some seriously twattish Twitter users about who may have put themselves in legal trouble over this. Really, there wasn't even the slightest inkling to suggest he was involved at all, someone just started a rumour out of nowhere.

I mean, well, you never know but I'd back any of the Taits to be cleaner than Mr Sheen.
Panthers Sign Chris Houston

bagapath

International Captain
It's amazing how much you can read from someone's face alone.

Just has slimy bastard written all over it. Always disliked the guy, and this just vindicates it further.
what a ****

i have heard stories from a couple of friends who played with him in the indian team; was always supposed to be a ********** of the first order.

Spikey

let's preserve some of these Stuart Binny tweets before he takes them down

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 24m
What a day for Indian Cricket ! I have no words to express how I feel about this #spotfixing

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 20m
I would be lyin if I said that this doesn't effect us & that #RR are fine. We feel deceived , cheated & I urge harsh punishment 4 these guys

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 18m
We play our heart out in every game, slog are ass to save that one run and here we have our team mates giving away runs #spotfixing

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 17m
I AM SO ****ING ANGRY !!!!

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 13m
Sorry Guys for loosing my cool - just as you all I too am hurt, sad , angry , dejected - #spotfixing

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 11m
I feel these guys dont even deserve our anger - I just hope they get to pay for all the pain these guys hv caused us #spotfixing

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 5m
Sree now has the audacity to say that he is innocent - I mean WTF - at least accept it now & reveal who else is involved #Spotfixing #IPL

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
let's preserve some of these Stuart Binny tweets before he takes them down

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 24m
What a day for Indian Cricket ! I have no words to express how I feel about this #spotfixing

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 20m
I would be lyin if I said that this doesn't effect us & that #RR are fine. We feel deceived , cheated & I urge harsh punishment 4 these guys

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 18m
We play our heart out in every game, slog are ass to save that one run and here we have our team mates giving away runs #spotfixing

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 17m
I AM SO ****ING ANGRY !!!!

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 13m
Sorry Guys for loosing my cool - just as you all I too am hurt, sad , angry , dejected - #spotfixing

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 11m
I feel these guys dont even deserve our anger - I just hope they get to pay for all the pain these guys hv caused us #spotfixing

Stuart Binny ‏@itsStuartBinny 5m
Sree now has the audacity to say that he is innocent - I mean WTF - at least accept it now & reveal who else is involved #Spotfixing #IPL
Haha. Such outrage.

Would be funny if Sreesanth names Stuart Binny.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Always knew Sreesanth was dodgy. And ****. Turns out he's **** for a multitude of reasons, however.