Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: IPL Spot Fixing Scandal

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Who contacted the players first with offers? NK says: "This doesn't happen overnight. This doesn't happen at the behest of one person. it is done over a period of time. I was in CBI when match-fixing enquiry was done. Bookies spot vulnerable people who can be compromised and they work on them over a period of time. Doesn't happen overnight. The investigation we have done is by sheer coincidence that three people from the same team have come in our net. We can't say this has not happened in other teams or other matches with any amount of certainty. In this investigation, only these three names have come up."

Do you have any phone recordings between team owners and players or bookies? NK says: "No, none whatsoever."

He is now asked about underworld connections and whether the ACSU has informed them of something. NK says: "No, it's the other way around. We informed the BCCI. We have underworld leads, but we can';t reveal them here."
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

it's so good that maxwell's first good moments in the IPL are because they were fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    it's so good that maxwell's first good moments in the IPL are because they were fixed
    Luckiest player ever theory gaining weight.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Luckiest player ever theory gaining weight.
    nah look that theory of mine was already as strong as possible. this is just further hilarious luck

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Police apparently saying Tait not involved.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

"Some of them were going. We were keeping track. When we nabbed them, we didn't know this is Jiju. It was a pianstaking work. They use aliases. Jiju is a club level player. He has been playing for Ernakulam club. The same club where Sreesanth played. He is a close friend of Sreesanth. A conduit between bookies and Sreesanth. Sreesanth got 40 lakhs."

"I cannot reveal the entire underworld relation. But there are overseas connection. We have definite proof and evidence."

"No other players involved in our investigations. Our investigation doesn't show the conspiracy goes beyond players and bookies."

"Have you pulled the trigger too early? You could have trapped more?" "I thought you'd ask why such delay. We have been working since April, and we have seen only three players involved. We let them do this, and waited for Chavan - who is a compromised player, we knew - to do what he wanted. Then we knew we won't get more evidence. So we arrested them." - Neeraj Kumar

Can you rule out that any foreign players are under suspicion? Further arrests will be players or bookies?" Neeraj Kumar says, "No more players under suspicion. Bookies will be arrested. Foreign players can rest easy."

The mastermind is sitting abroad" "In Dubai?" "That I won't tell you."

"Are you ruling out involvement of the opposition in these matches?" Neeraj says, "Batsmen are ruled out. No connection has emerged between the batsmen and the bookies."

"We have hundreds of hours of phone conversations."

"The cop who died last week was a part of our team in the beginning, but his death has nothing to do with this case." - Neeraj Kuma

"Bookies keep a cushion. They might tell the bowler 14, but they usually can keep it to 13. There are a number of factors at work so they keep a cushion. Bookies made crores through that Sreesanth over." - Neeraj Kumar

"We cannot say anything unless there is a definite proof. To say Dawood Ibrahim or Tiger Memon would be incorrect. There is no evidence to name any member of the underworld. Let me clarify that the names that are used while talking are assumed names. Aliases." - Neeraj Kumar

"We haven't made any deductions. We cannot say Sreesanth is the leader of the pack." - Neeraj Kumar

"The three knew about each other's involvement." _ Neeraj Kumar

"The investigation pertains to spot fixing. Not match fixing." - Neeraj Kumar

"Imagine if we started our work today. That doesn't mean there were no contacts before them. We accidentally chanced upon this." - Neeraj Kumar

"There was a go-between who was Jiju, alias Biju." - Neeraj Kumar

That was Neeraj Kumar, Delhi Police commissioner, briefing us about their investigations

Thank you for joining me in my live copy + paste of sidharth monga's live blog of the police press conference. please stay turned for my copy + paste of sidharth monga's live re-cap of his live blog of the police press conference

"Just to recap: three matches - Royals v Warriors or May 6, Royals v Kings XI on May 9 and Royals v Mumbai on May 15 - involved alleged spot fixing

Three players have been alleged to have allegedly struck deals with bookies and allegedly delivered on their promise. The alleged players' names are Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan

There were alleged tells before the said overs where they have been alleged to have given away a pre-determined number of runs

Delhi police says it chanced upon this while investigating Mumbai underworld's links with cricket. They say they then found out that these three players were repeatedly involved in their taped phone conversations. They waited for all of them to commit the deed and then arrested them all"

Aside from anything else, Sreesanth must be one of the dumbest Indians ever to draw breath as the guy was assured of earning a relative fortune for the foreseeable future simply by virtue of his nationality and ability to bowl at slightly more than half rat power

To throw that away for the sake of a couple of extra dollars is simply mind bogglingly stupid

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    "After the over, Chandila and Manan - a bookie - talk. Chandila asks him, 'Happy now?'. The bookie says yes. Chandila tells him the money shouldn't go directly to Chavan. Chandila wanted the money himself, and would then share it."
    In my defense, it was all part of a plan to stop Sreesanth from ever playing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Simon Champion!

on 09.05.2009 i ranted about this ****....

Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    To start with, I dont like Hayden very much. But his 58 ball knock of 89 last evening in the IPL was a very special T20 innings. After a whirlwind performance full of exciting shots, haydos upped the ante and belted three sixers in one over and holed out to the deep in the dying stages of the innings. the bowler, a prick called Sreesanth, instead of applauding him and saying "well played" shouted a mouthful of abuses at him and gave him marching orders. haydos just gave him a wry smile as response and walked off.

i wanted to hide under my sofa in shame looking at this mediocre cricketer mistaking petulance for passion and false bravado for toughness. i hope he stays out of the indian team forever and ends up selling lottery tickets on the streets for a living. better still i hope harbhajan slaps him one more time and both get banned for life.

I hate this graceless, talentless, brainless idiot.

tbf he probably lost 40 lakh for haydos not scoring enough off the over
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

It's amazing how much you can read from someone's face alone.

Just has slimy bastard written all over it. Always disliked the guy, and this just vindicates it further.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information