• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Spot Fixing Scandal

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
His involvement in what ? And probed by whom ?

You're just clutching at straws now.

You have good experience at that.. but actually no.. I am just saying if all this betting and spot fixing is rampant in the IPL, why is the guy who is the head of the said league not being asked anything? Shouldn't he have taken better measures to get the ACU more involved etc?

And if NS should resign because of the conflict of interest, why is no one taking the time to discuss about Pawar who actually changed the legislation to allow this to happen?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Way to keep missing the point and keep bringing in irrelevant tangents. Not sure what you're over the top love for Lara and hate for Sachin has to do with anything here and re the last point i already said that who is cleaner than the other is debateable and gave reasons for Modi's efficiency earlier. Also, in detail explained 3 and 4. But keep ignoring facts and logic to carry on you're agenda..p\

Anyways, Done with this debate with you now as it's frankly getting irritating. I am not sure what exactly you are trying to argue anyway and the way you are doing it is all over the place.

Basically asking me to do a Cevno? :p

Modi is not more efficient. He was the owner of the league and allowed the conflict of interest to happen. He held stakes in the consortium that owned RR. He put in the stupid auction rules and kept changing the rules for his and his friend's' benefits. He just was the same as NS but you of course don't want to see any of that because, well, you like to pull a Cevno..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Besides, BCCI President is a honorary post. It's not like anyone's life should be defending on it.

Resignation is not the be all and end all either, but it's the logical first step to ensure the following actions happen without someone directly involved and liable to lose something (CSK and his SIL) at the helm. And to ensure they happen freely, without the fear of BCCI president.

Why the reluctance to step down, from a honorary post if you have nothing to gain, lose or hide from that ? Let the logical sequence of events follow.

Let the Mumbai police first fabricate a case strong enough to hold them in jail.. A magistrate has just torn apart their argumens :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Basically asking me to do a Cevno? :p

Modi is not more efficient. He was the owner of the league and allowed the conflict of interest to happen. He held stakes in the consortium that owned RR. He put in the stupid auction rules and kept changing the rules for his and his friend's' benefits. He just was the same as NS but you of course don't want to see any of that because, well, you like to pull a Cevno..
Nobody can dispute that Modi constructed a academy + stadium quickly while president of RCA, got their team from the 2nd division to Ranji Champions and then set up a global and big sporting franchise largely on his own. Also he headed the marketing committee when the revenues of the board started soaring exponentially.

Also, I never said he was a saint or cleaner than Srinivasan, so not sure why you keep repeating the same thing like a broken record. But as a administrator and creating value he was much better.

It's like Lalu prasad Yadav vs Chidambaram as i said before. Chidambaram is a much better adminstrator than Lalu and pushes the envelope constantly with relatively more different ideas and also pays attention to detail, but it is open for debate who is cleaner than who.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Let the Mumbai police first fabricate a case strong enough to hold them in jail.. A magistrate has just torn apart their argumens :)
Gosh, you have no idea what getting a bail means do you ? Or what the charges criminally are and what sporting charges are ? Criminal charge except for Gambling which they have seemingly even admitted too, i.e of cheating will be incredibly difficult to prove without a full insider betting law in India or a affected party (CSK/BCCI) registering a case of fraud/cheating. (Even if they do, they have to show proof of match fixing which is very different to insider betting.)

But as soon as he has admitted to betting on his own team or even the league matches, that should entail disciplinary banning from BCCI and even ICC under their rulebook. And also means, that the franchisee agreement is violated. It might be a bailable offence criminally with punishment being a fine, but it in the sporting arena it is severe misconduct.

Don't think what you said was relevant at all in response to the post you quoted, but yeah hope that clears it up for you, and you stop going on about like a broken record.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Dhoni got some 'splainin to do.
There were constant reports about 3 CSK players(a senior and 2 juniors) in the national team being involved in fixing and that their names will b revealed. But all of a sudden the news just vanished and no info was given.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
If its big names thats bizarre. Surely they don't need the money.

If its low level players I actually don't care. Let them earn some extra cash

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
These players arent necessarily involved in any wrongdoing. They were mentioned at diffvstages of the investigation and recordings by diff people involved.

They need to be investigated further.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Tbf Sreesanth didn't nred the money either.
I somehow still have a bit of trust in him. I doubt if he would do that and I don't think there was "clear evidence" against him. He gets into a fixing controversy just weeks after he takes a dig against the BCCI for the way it handled the slapgate and supported Harbhajan. It can be a conspiracy against him which ended up doing more damage to the BCCI.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
This news doesn't surprise me at all tbh. I just read that the Indian Olympic committee has just had corruption sanctions lifted against them.. Inherent and routine..