• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Spot Fixing Scandal

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Why do you say so?
Say what? Times now, Headlines today and NDTV all saying Dalmiya is front runner to take over.

The "Wow", was because if that happens the wheel would have turned almost a full circle since 2004/05. Dalmiya's adminstrative career almost seemed over a few years ago too. The dynamics will completely change if he comes back.

Plus his views on the recent changes and IPL are well known too and pretty negative. But i guess, as Interim president he won't be able to do much unless he wins again in September.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the meantime, nobody has answered what happens to the probe panel, which has an important job to do. Sanjay Jagdale, one of the original members of that panel, is not part of the BCCI any more. We are left with two retired judges from the Tamil Nadu high court
i don't wanna play the regional game and what not, but i found that weird.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So BCCI conducted a Farce meeting yesterday, and appointed Dalmiya as Interim Prez.

Srinivasan didn't resign but stepped aside, whatever that means.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
i don't wanna play the regional game and what not, but i found that weird.
Questions are also being raised about the probe panel appointed by the BCCI with veteran journalist N Ram claiming that the two judges are not fit for the job entrusted to them. "We made our enquiries and these two are not fit to be on this committee. I can assure you and when we meet I will explain. But you can make your own enquiries and you'll find that Mr (T Jayaram) Chowta and Mr R Balasubramaniam are not suitable. I spoke with other retired judges and a fair bit of verification on this, they are not fit for the job," Ram told IBN18 Editor-in-Chief Rajdeep Sardesai.

Sanjay Jagdale won't rejoin BCCI; questions raised on probe panel

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Strange games the 2 Police are playing now.

So now we are accepting the police are playing games? :p

Still, think the Delhi police have followed a logical investigative route that has led them from bookies to players to the owner.. Can't say the same about the Mumbai police who just jumped in out of nowhere.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So now we are accepting the police are playing games? :p

Still, think the Delhi police have followed a logical investigative route that has led them from bookies to players to the owner.. Can't say the same about the Mumbai police who just jumped in out of nowhere.
Where did i deny it ? Doesn't mean there investigation is incorrect though. I was referring to these leaks and selective quotes police are giving which seem odd.

And Mumbai police followed as logical investigative route as Delhi police did (Bookies arrested leading to other info). It's you're bias talking if you think otherwise.

Infact, atleast they put their money where there mouth is and pressed charges against Meiyappan whereas Delhi Police just oddly made a statement with commissioner coming out and then said they are not pressing charges. Mumbai police also had transcripts of conversation and arrested bookies on which basis they made the other arrests while regarding this case there doesn't seem any admissible proof yet.

Will be interesting what BCCI does now though, as Delhi CP's statement seemed targetted for their consumption rather than one with any legal basis. Surely they can't terminate RR and leave CSK alone ? Either Both go or both stay.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, motivation of police or how they got the info leading to crackdown is irrelevant here, as long as their case is solid and provable in court.

But Police need to gather information and then press charges in court rather than do these selective leaks and press conferences.

And as far as BCCI is concerned if this info is correct, they need to terminate CSK and RR too. Throw out Srini.

But what they'll conveniently do is wait for the "probe" on CSK and terminate RR happily. Will be a utter disgrace if they do that and even you won't be able to defend that. :p

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Actually, motivation of police or how they got the info leading to crackdown is irrelevant here, as long as their case is solid and provable in court.

But Police need to gather information and then press charges in court rather than do these selective leaks and press conferences.

And as far as BCCI is concerned if this info is correct, they need to terminate CSK and RR too. Throw out Srini.

But what they'll conveniently do is wait for the "probe" on CSK and terminate RR happily. Will be a utter disgrace if they do that and even you won't be able to defend that. :p

Hey.. you are the one who jumps up and down when someone says something remotely negative about Sachin.. Why pick on me? :p

And no, the Mumbai police trail was not from the bookies... It was always aimed at certain people.. Delhi police basically stumbled upon this during another investigation. Pretty much how Salim Malik got caught out of nowhere and how Cronjegate started... But if Mumbai police did follow a lead and got here, then good on them. I just have trouble trusting them given how information was conveniently "leaked" ahead of time... Then again, it might have been someone helping NS out by letting info. out earlier to help him devise an escape route.

I am with SJS in that NS should be thrown out.. Whether that means the CSK franchise and team get thrown out, I am not sure. Ideally, I would like to see something like what happened with Hyderabad happen.. But lets wait and see how many more teams are in the dog house.. I would bet a lot that just about everyside would be involved to some level.

NOT even you would then suggest banning teams is a better idea than scrapping the IPL itself.

BTW, still hanging on to that fantasy of Modi is better than Srini? :p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hey.. you are the one who jumps up and down when someone says something remotely negative about Sachin.. Why pick on me? :p

And no, the Mumbai police trail was not from the bookies... It was always aimed at certain people.. Delhi police basically stumbled upon this during another investigation. Pretty much how Salim Malik got caught out of nowhere and how Cronjegate started... But if Mumbai police did follow a lead and got here, then good on them. I just have trouble trusting them given how information was conveniently "leaked" ahead of time... Then again, it might have been someone helping NS out by letting info. out earlier to help him devise an escape route.

I am with SJS in that NS should be thrown out.. Whether that means the CSK franchise and team get thrown out, I am not sure. Ideally, I would like to see something like what happened with Hyderabad happen.. But lets wait and see how many more teams are in the dog house.. I would bet a lot that just about everyside would be involved to some level.

NOT even you would then suggest banning teams is a better idea than scrapping the IPL itself.

BTW, still hanging on to that fantasy of Modi is better than Srini? :p
What a train wreck of a post. You want to desperately defend Srinivasan because he happens to be from where you are, but can't find any reasoning for it and hence try and make up all kinds of weird arguments and bring up irrelevant things.

1.) Wtf does Sachin have to do with anything being debated here ? Irrelevant as per usual.

2) And Mumbai Police arrested Bookies first. Who then spilled Vindoo's name. Who then in turn spilled Meiyappan's name. Get your facts right.

3.) Ideally, i would like the franchisees stay where they are and the ownership shifted. But as per BCCI rules if RR has to be scrapped, then CSK has to go too. Simple as that. Infact, the case against CSK is far stronger.

4.) Other teams are to be presumed innocent unless found guilty and scrapping IPL is throwing the baby out with the bath water. Might as well stop International cricket too because of Srinivasan?

5.) Yeah, Modi was a better adminstrator than Srinivasan in terms of efficiency and doing things. No doubt about that. Whether one was cleaner than the other is open for debate though. A bit like Lalu Prasad Yadav vs Chidambaram, if you like.