• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Spot Fixing Scandal

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That's a pretty weak argument from HB trying to defend NS indirectly.

I'm crooked because you're crooked. Let's change nothing then etc... the standard argument used by politicos and their backers.

And Srinivasan has been way worse than even SP as Board president for me, though i don't like either. Lesser of 2 evi's etc.. Though, probably someone else will take over this time if Srini goes.

Edit - Quite frankly, i'd even take Lalit Modi over either of these 2 as he was a good administrator thinking out of the box at least.

Last edited:

centurymaker

International Captain

I'm corrupt because you're corrupt. Let's change nothing then etc... the standard argument used by politicos and their backers.

And Srinivasan has been way worse than even SP as Board president for me, though i don't like either. Lesser of 2 evi's etc.. Though, probably someone else will take over this time if Srini goes.

Edit - Quite frankly, i'd even take Lalit Modi over either of these 2 as he was a good administrator thinking out of the box at least.
Agree

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They should just get Kumble and Dravid to run the BCCI and **** all the old fat politicians off.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

I'm crooked because you're crooked. Let's change nothing then etc... the standard argument used by politicos and their backers.

lol.. it shows how much you care to read if you think my posts were DEFENDING NS.. I have said in the other thread I would love to see CSK pass on to better owners.. And NS is a **** but same as Dalmiya and Modi and Pawar.. Each one had a conflict of interest as well and it was just not as visible as Srini's coz he is a lot more of an arrogant **** than those 3.. IF you are using arrogance as the determining factor in choosing the "lesser" evil, be my guest.. But my opinion is that a personality trait doesn't matter as long as these guys are gonna be running the game the same way.. Do you really think the others do not have stakes in IPL sides through some binamis?

And yes, change nothing because the change itself is gonna change nothing. I am not saying NS shouldn't be kicked out. I am just saying I dont give a damn about it coz whoever takes over is likely gonna be the same **** as him... And you are the ones crowing about this being an opportunity to "clean the system" which is where I take exception.. Sure, Modi was better.. That is why he is in hiding.. :laugh: You are saying you will take someone who is actually wanted in charges of fraud over someone who is only alleged of fraud.. And yet I am the one with an agenda.. 8-)

And again, lets wait till something actually gets proven.. I mean, the fact that NS had a conflict of interest with him running CSK and the BCCI is not exactly a new revelation, is it? The only thing that "seems" to have been proven is that Meiyappan was placing bets.. If that was the extent of the accusation, all it means is that NS and cronies will pull off a coup and say Meiyappan was a honorary owner and hence they ll juz fire him and wash their hands off him. End of story.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They should just get Kumble and Dravid to run the BCCI and **** all the old fat politicians off.
Kumble seemed to be a guy pretty determined to make a diff. Is he still part of the KSCA though? I was very surprised he took a position with MI given how committed he seemed towards Karnataka cricket and the RCB by extension..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
lol.. it shows how much you care to read if you think my posts were DEFENDING NS.. I have said in the other thread I would love to see CSK pass on to better owners.. And NS is a **** but same as Dalmiya and Modi and Pawar.. Each one had a conflict of interest as well and it was just not as visible as Srini's coz he is a lot more of an arrogant **** than those 3.. IF you are using arrogance as the determining factor in choosing the "lesser" evil, be my guest.. But my opinion is that a personality trait doesn't matter as long as these guys are gonna be running the game the same way.. Do you really think the others do not have stakes in IPL sides through some binamis?

And yes, change nothing because the change itself is gonna change nothing. I am not saying NS shouldn't be kicked out. I am just saying I dont give a damn about it coz whoever takes over is likely gonna be the same **** as him... And you are the ones crowing about this being an opportunity to "clean the system" which is where I take exception.. Sure, Modi was better.. That is why he is in hiding.. :laugh: You are saying you will take someone who is actually wanted in charges of fraud over someone who is only alleged of fraud.. And yet I am the one with an agenda.. 8-)

And again, lets wait till something actually gets proven.. I mean, the fact that NS had a conflict of interest with him running CSK and the BCCI is not exactly a new revelation, is it? The only thing that "seems" to have been proven is that Meiyappan was placing bets.. If that was the extent of the accusation, all it means is that NS and cronies will pull off a coup and say Meiyappan was a honorary owner and hence they ll juz fire him and wash their hands off him. End of story.
HB it is no ones case that NS is crooked. He may well be. I may be crooked and so may anyone else you know but there is nothing to PROVE that Srinivasan is crooked himself. He is being asked to step down not because he is crooked but for other reasons mainly propriety, probity, moral responsibility or any other word/words one may chose to use. Of course their are those who believe amost everyone who is currently involved in the running of the BCCI is crooked but that is like most Indians saying that al politicians are crooked or all cops for that matter.

So why should Mr Srinivasan step down. Several

Moral responsibility etc as mentioned by many is the major one.

However, Mr Srinivasan has several things to answer for in the mess that has unfolded. Let me try to take up the ones that immediately come to mind and in no particular order.

1. Mr Srinivasan was the one who started the defensive BCCI response with the three rotten eggs statement. He virtually stated that only these boys were involved and it was not as big a rot as was being made out. Now it is clear that it was . . . not that it comes as a surprise.

Now, just as everyone is expected to be careful with what they say about anyone's guilt till there are proofs of the same, he too should have been more careful with his choice of words at that point for how many eggs were rotten would be known only at the end of the enquiry. He should have just made a statement to the effect that he was scandalised and shocked blah-blah-blah and was keenly awaiting more information to see how big was the spread of this cancer. He needed to be as mindful of the ongoing enquiry in implying what he did regarding the extent of the mess as those who go to the other extreme. This is, however, the minor of his transgressions.

2. The moment his son-in-law's name was mentioned by the cops garnered both from the tapes of conversations between Vindoo Dara Singh and later through the 'confession' in police custody of Vindoo. From here onwards, Mr Srinivasan needed to display a great degree of sensibility (to public perception, probity, propriety etc) and act and speak in a very responsible manner for the needle seemed to be pointing at least in the direction of people very closely related to him.

Now we do not know whether Mr Srinivasan was aware of Guru's activities or not. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wasn't. Why then should he not have then advised his son-in-law to immediately present himself to the cops and clear his name. Did he do that? It appears no or if he did then his son-in-law refused to comply with the solid advise to do the right thing.

Now what should Mt Srinivasan have done if his son-in-law refused? What should he have done when the son-in-law went missing for 48 hours after summons were issued for him? And what did he actually do? This we know. He, alongwith daughter, son-in-law and perhaps the entire family (the house had only servants when the cops appeared in Chennai residence) took refuge in Mr Srinivasan's holiday home. Surely this was an irresponsible thing to do. Surely it smacks of someone who knew there was something to hide. Why wouldn't people think these guys were sitting there with a team of lawyers strategising what should be done by way of damage control and 'cover up' to the extent possible before surfacing. Guru did not vanish in thin air, he was with Mr Srinivasan and for two days (almost) the cops and the TV channels were blaring about his being missing. Wasn't Mr Srinivasan aware of this? Was he not helping Guru to do what ever damage control the latter was planning?

Is this right and is it not damaging to Srinivasan's case and on his sense of responsibility, morality and ethics?

3. Surely they were watching what was happening on the media. The Indian cops being the idiots that they are, gave enough tips and even statements to the media for anyone listenng to get ideas on what all needed to be taken care of. One of the things, for example was the hue and cry about the clause that talked of dismissing the Franchise whose owner etc etc brought the game etc etc to disrepute. Half and hour, just half an hour, before Guru informed the cops he would be coming to Mumbai that evening, CSK removed whateer they could from their site about Gurunath's relationship with the team. Another half an hour later Guru's twitter account followed suit. Unfrtunately for them there were smart people around who had taken copies of these before the changes were made and in no time they were all over the net, besides other stuff the 'cover up' team missed.

Why was this done and at hose behest? Surely Mr Srinivasan should know. Why make the change if not to support the nonsense Mr Srininvsan was planning to talk about Guru being nothing more than an "enthusiast".

Is this right and is it not damaging to Srinivasan's case and on his sense of responsibility, morality and ethics?

3. The gagging of Dhoni is another case in point. Why should this have been done? Surely he could have spoken. The least he could have done is read out a prepared statement and then say okay lets get back to the tournament ahead. But what was done was disgusting. Dhoni looked awful sitting their with that stupid smile on his face. He would have been better advised to skip this conference as well. Of course, ICC would not have allowed that.

Surely this was not something done without Mr Srinivasan's express consent. Was this right?

4. If Mr Srinivasan is going to hide behind the "cops are doing the investigation and it is ongoing" angle then why take the subterfuge of a BCCI enquiry? Don't we know what happens to BCCI enquiries? In the past what happened?

Then if he had to find someone to conduct the enquiry why BCCI members and paid 'employees'? The ex CBI officer who did a good job last time was available, why look elsewhere? Why Shastri, Jagdale or anyone else on the BCCI ? What is their experience in conducting enquiries?

It was only after the big racket that the media created on two BCCI members and only one independent that the numbers were switched. However, what most people do not realise is that most of the BCCI people first short listed refused to come on the investigating body. The politicians were advised against it by their parties and the cricketers by their friends and maybe even their sponsors.

5. Now the big surprise on this sham enquiry. It is not going to look into the conduct of Mr Guru, BCCI, the relationship between Guru and the team, how he was able to be in the dug out, buy players at auctions, have id cards calling himself owner and generally doing pretty much everything only owners have been doing etc. No sir. It has been asked into whether the CSK and RR owners were directly involved in betting and match fixing. Really? Since when did this become the major focus of enquiry?

Isn't this such a big fraud?

6. Have you noticed how all supporters of Mr Srinivasan have started talking about how betting isn't a crime, it is done in all countries, it has been going on for decades in India, it should be legalised, how is it any different from betting on horses etc Really ?

Betting is illegal in India. It may be legalised one day but today it is!
Yes the law is poorly written and those involved in betting get charged under sections of the Indian Penal Code which are not specifically called betting. But this legal and technical subterfuge does not take away the fact that betting is illegal in India which is why none of those companies who legally take bets on the games, even those played in India, in England and elsewhere, are not allowed open operations in this country. It is why the mafia runs betting in India. It is why people have to use hawala and black money to bet on the game. Betting is illegal period. Trying to hedge the issue is disgraceful

7. Besides, the talk of betting and legalising it is being used as a subterfuge to take away the bigger issue of match and spot fixing. It is clear that Mr Gurunath's defense is going to be built around "he was not involved in fixing" because this would be very hard to prove. For betting the cops need to find the paper trail which connects Gurunath and his money to Dara Singh or other bookies. In the absence of this the case wont stand. It looks like the cops are still struggling to get something more than Dara Singh's word for it. His word, unfortunately does not count for anything in India since any confessions made before the cops in India are not admissible as evidence in court.

This sucks but that is how it is and that is why so many people get away, literally with murder in this country. All they need is money and clout. These people have it in plenty.

All the cops had to do was to give the media the transcripts of the conversation between the two and the public hue and cry would have made it impossible for TS to remain. I am not saying this is what cops should do. I am just showing what a tenuous thread holds Mr Srinivasan's position and Guru's defense.

There is absolutely no doubt that Mr Srinivasan has been acting in a manner not befitting a man of his stature and position. I do not care what happens to Srinivasan or Guru. I do care what happens to the game and its running. But I am aware too that the cops, politicians, media, former cricketers etc will all come forward to finally exonerate the guilty . . . after all Shri (honourable) Azaharuddin is a member of the upper house of parliament in India. Why should we expect better?

My sense of frustration and deep sadness comes from genuine lovers of the game falling suckers to the subterfuge of the crooks. That, according to me, is the biggest tragedy of Indian cricket.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Says he isn't defending Srinivasan. Then proceeds to defend him again by using the same weak argument......

And there's a big difference between no difference and cleansing the whole system. Things become better step by step. It's not freaking black and white that you use it as a defence.

Also, re Modi i was talking about him as a administrator vs Srini even Pawar. (Though LM was working under Pawar.) Atleast he did good work at RCA improving their youth academies, building a stadium and getting them to the Ranji final and at the BCCI creating such a big brand largely on his own running it as if it was a private entity. What positives has Srinivasan's presidency had ? I can only think of about 20 negatives of all sorts (Making BCCI more opaque/unaccountable/arrogant and conflicts of interest all over).

And i have no agenda in supporting one over the other. Unlike you, i am not supporting anyone because i am from that City/State or support a team that he/she owns. Ideally, i'd throw all of these out and bring in someone else. Don't even care if it is someone from Tripura.

Edit - And see SJS's post.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Awta.

Though having said that, Kumble's silence as Karnataka cricket president on this Srinivasan issue so far is a bit disappointing.

Dravid would be so gun though and there was actual talk that Ganguly might throw his hat into the ring from Bengal or some state in the east soon. The problem is that they get out numbered by Politicians at the BCCI.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HB it is no ones case that NS is crooked. He may well be. I may be crooked and so may anyone else you know but there is nothing to PROVE that Srinivasan is crooked himself. He is being asked to step down not because he is crooked but for other reasons mainly propriety, probity, moral responsibility or any other word/words one may chose to use. Of course their are those who believe amost everyone who is currently involved in the running of the BCCI is crooked but that is like most Indians saying that al politicians are crooked or all cops for that matter.

So why should Mr Srinivasan step down. Several

Moral responsibility etc as mentioned by many is the major one.

However, Mr Srinivasan has several things to answer for in the mess that has unfolded. Let me try to take up the ones that immediately come to mind and in no particular order.

1. Mr Srinivasan was the one who started the defensive BCCI response with the three rotten eggs statement. He virtually stated that only these boys were involved and it was not as big a rot as was being made out. Now it is clear that it was . . . not that it comes as a surprise.

Now, just as everyone is expected to be careful with what they say about anyone's guilt till there are proofs of the same, he too should have been more careful with his choice of words at that point for how many eggs were rotten would be known only at the end of the enquiry. He should have just made a statement to the effect that he was scandalised and shocked blah-blah-blah and was keenly awaiting more information to see how big was the spread of this cancer. He needed to be as mindful of the ongoing enquiry in implying what he did regarding the extent of the mess as those who go to the other extreme. This is, however, the minor of his transgressions.

2. The moment his son-in-law's name was mentioned by the cops garnered both from the tapes of conversations between Vindoo Dara Singh and later through the 'confession' in police custody of Vindoo. From here onwards, Mr Srinivasan needed to display a great degree of sensibility (to public perception, probity, propriety etc) and act and speak in a very responsible manner for the needle seemed to be pointing at least in the direction of people very closely related to him.

Now we do not know whether Mr Srinivasan was aware of Guru's activities or not. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wasn't. Why then should he not have then advised his son-in-law to immediately present himself to the cops and clear his name. Did he do that? It appears no or if he did then his son-in-law refused to comply with the solid advise to do the right thing.

Now what should Mt Srinivasan have done if his son-in-law refused? What should he have done when the son-in-law went missing for 48 hours after summons were issued for him? And what did he actually do? This we know. He, alongwith daughter, son-in-law and perhaps the entire family (the house had only servants when the cops appeared in Chennai residence) took refuge in Mr Srinivasan's holiday home. Surely this was an irresponsible thing to do. Surely it smacks of someone who knew there was something to hide. Why wouldn't people think these guys were sitting there with a team of lawyers strategising what should be done by way of damage control and 'cover up' to the extent possible before surfacing. Guru did not vanish in thin air, he was with Mr Srinivasan and for two days (almost) the cops and the TV channels were blaring about his being missing. Wasn't Mr Srinivasan aware of this? Was he not helping Guru to do what ever damage control the latter was planning?

3. Surely they were watching what was happening on the media. The Indian cops being the idiots that they are, gave enough tips and even statements to the media for anyone listenng to get ideas on what all needed to be taken care of. One of the things, for example was the hue and cry about the clause that talked of dismissing the Franchise whose owner etc etc brought the game etc etc to disrepute. Half and hour, just half an hour, before Guru informed the cops he would be coming to Mumbai that evening, CSK removed whateer they could from their site about Gurunath's relationship with the team. Another half an hour later Guru's twitter account followed suit. Unfrtunately for them there were smart people around who had taken copies of these before the changes were made and in no time they were all over the net, besides other stuff the 'cover up' team missed.

Why was this done and at hose behest? Surely Mr Srinivasan should know. Why make the change if not to support the nonsense Mr Srininvsan was planning to talk about Guru being nothing more than an "enthusiast".

3. The gagging of Dhoni is another case in point. Why should this have been done? Surely he could have spoken. The least he could have done is read out a prepared statement and then say okay lets get back to the tournament ahead. But what was done was disgusting. Dhoni looked awful sitting their with that stupid smile on his face. He would have been better advised to skip this conference as well. Of course, ICC would not have allowed that.

Surely this was not something done without Mr Srinivasan's express consent. Was this right?

4. If Mr Srinivasan is going to hide behind the "cops are doing the investigation and it is ongoing" angle then why take the subterfuge of a BCCI enquiry? Don't we know what happens to BCCI enquiries? In the past what happened?

Then if he had to find someone to conduct the enquiry why BCCI members and paid 'employees'? The ex CBI officer who did a good job last time was available, why look elsewhere? Why Shastri, Jagdale or anyone else on the BCCI ? What is their experience in conducting enquiries?

It was only after the big racket that the media created on two BCCI members and only one independent that the numbers were switched. However, what most people do not realise is that most of the BCCI people first short listed refused to come on the investigating body. The politicians were advised against it by their parties and the cricketers by their friends and maybe even their sponsors.

5. Now the big surprise on this sham enquiry. It is not going to look into the conduct of Mr Guru, BCCI, the relationship between Guru and the team, how he was able to be in the dug out, buy players at auctions, have id cards calling himself owner and generally doing pretty much everything only owners have been doing etc. No sir. It has been asked into whether the CSK and RR owners were directly involved in betting and match fixing. Really? Since when did this become the major focus of enquiry?

Isn't this such a big fraud?

6. Have you noticed how all supporters of Mr Srinivasan have started talking about how betting isn't a crime, it is done in all countries, it has been going on for decades in India, it should be legalised, how is it any different from betting on horses etc Really ?

Betting is illegal in India. It may be legalised one day but today it is!
Yes the law is poorly written and those involved in betting get charged under sections of the Indian Penal Code which are not specifically called betting. But this legal and technical subterfuge does not take away the fact that betting is illegal in India which is why none of those companies who legally take bets on the games, even those played in India, in England and elsewhere, are not allowed open operations in this country. It is why the mafia runs betting in India. It is why people have to use hawala and black money to bet on the game. Betting is illegal period. Trying to hedge the issue is disgraceful

7. Besides, the talk of betting and legalising it is being used as a subterfuge to take away the bigger issue of match and spot fixing. It is clear that Mr Gurunath's defense is going to be built around "he was not involved in fixing" because this would be very hard to prove. For betting the cops need to find the paper trail which connects Gurunath and his money to Dara Singh or other bookies. In the absence of this the case wont stand. It looks like the cops are still struggling to get something more than Dara Singh's word for it. His word, unfortunately does not count for anything in India since any confessions made before the cops in India are not admissible as evidence in court.

This sucks but that is how it is and that is why so many people get away, literally with murder in this country. All they need is money and clout. These people have it in plenty.

All the cops had to do was to give the media the transcripts of the conversation between the two and the public hue and cry would have made it impossible for TS to remain. I am not saying this is what cops should do. I am just showing what a tenuous thread holds Mr Srinivasan's position and Guru's defense.

There is absolutely no doubt that Mr Srinivasan has been acting in a manner not befitting a man of his stature and position. I do not care what happens to Srinivasan or Guru. I do care what happens to the game and its running. But I am aware too that the cops, politicians, media, former cricketers etc will all come forward to finally exonerate the guilty . . . after all Shri (honourable) Azaharuddin is a member of the upper house of parliament in India. Why should we expect better?

My sense of frustration and deep sadness comes from genuine lovers of the game falling suckers to the subterfuge of the crooks. That, according to me, is the biggest tragedy of Indian cricket.
you know, SJS, I am not arguing any of those points.. Will Indian cricket be better off without NS? Sure, it might just mean one less crook in the BCCI.. But my disillusionment is that he will almost unfailingly be replaced by ANOTHER crook.. And everytime we think one is the worst, we see the next one come along and be even worse.. It was the case with Dalmiya, it was the case with Modi and I think it will be the case now with NS.. I am just tired of thinking this is some opportunity to do something with the BCCI..

I am not even saying it is wrong to expect NS to resign on moral grounds.. My point is something like that pretty much never happens in Indian politics and Indian sports administration and you know now they are more related than they ever were.. So what is the point? If it simply means we are gonna replace one crook with another, I might as well not care about that.. My real point of interest here is if the CSK and other teams (the players and support staff) were IN on any of these fixes and/or bets.. As long as that does not happen, I just couldn't care less if NS resigns and another crook takes over. It just about does not matter.

Did you see that the current MCA president has actually come out in support of NS? Vote bank politics ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Says he isn't defending Srinivasan. Then proceeds to defend him again by using the same weak argument......

And there's a big difference between no difference and cleansing the whole system. Things become better step by step. It's not freaking black and white that you use it as a defence.

Also, re Modi i was talking about him as a administrator vs Srini even Pawar. (Though LM was working under Pawar.) Atleast he did good work at RCA improving their youth academies, building a stadium and getting them to the Ranji final and at the BCCI creating such a big brand largely on his own running it as if it was a private entity. What positives has Srinivasan's presidency had ? I can only think of about 20 negatives of all sorts (Making BCCI more opaque/unaccountable/arrogant and conflicts of interest all over).

And i have no agenda in supporting one over the other. Unlike you, i am not supporting anyone because i am from that City/State or support a team that he/she owns. Ideally, i'd throw all of these out and bring in someone else. Don't even care if it is someone from Tripura.

Edit - And see SJS's post.
Still does not care to comprehend posts that he is responding to.. 8-)

Saying Srini is just as crooked as every other BCCI admin is NOT defending him.. It is stating a fact. And unlike you, I am not trying to discreetly take sides here. In this instance, I am not sold on Mumbai police doing anything other than what they have been asked to. It just seems to me they had very explicit instructions to catch CSK ownership off and create an issue for NS. They have not shown anything to make me believe otherwise.. And I just do not trust such enquiries. Just like I do not trust this "independent" enquiry commission set up by the BCCI.. You just know for sure that guys like Ravi Shastri are gonna be beacons of justice.. :dry:

I would like to throw out the entire lot in BCCI and start fresh too. Just about the only line that actually was sensible in your post..

And since you seem to know so much about Modi, here is a few abt NS and his India Cements company.. They have been employing cricketers in honorary jobs for more than 50 years, have been one of the biggest corporate supporters of cricket in the country, have had their teams in the TNCA and other leagues for more than 30 years and they actually take care of the cricketers on their payroll post retirement as well. I can go as far as to say they are the biggest reasons cricketers coul even contemplate professional careers in this sport in those days.. How is any of that lesser than the 4 year stunts that Modi pulled off? And you do NOT have an agenda..yeah, right... 8-)

Here is my stand, just in case you have trouble understanding them again:

1. NS is corrupt and arrogant, just like every other BCCI honcho.
2. There is a group that wants him out of the BCCI and Mumbai police seem to be dancing to their tunes than conduct any real honest investigation on corruption in the IPL.
3. This is as much of a biased enquiry as the BCCI's committee's will be.
4. I do not support agendas such as this because ultimately all this is gonna lead to one thing: the union government and their honchos getting the full cricket pie instead of just a share, which is what happens today.
5. Modi was a bigger **** than NS. And I didn't support it when he was thrown out.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Did you see that the current MCA president has actually come out in support of NS? Vote bank politics ;)
No he hasn't. What are you on about ?

Ravi Sawant has asked for his resignation.

And since you seem to know so much about Modi, here is a few abt NS and his India Cements company.. They have been employing cricketers in honorary jobs for more than 50 years, have been one of the biggest corporate supporters of cricket in the country, have had their teams in the TNCA and other leagues for more than 30 years and they actually take care of the cricketers on their payroll post retirement as well. I can go as far as to say they are the biggest reasons cricketers coul even contemplate professional careers in this sport in those days.. How is any of that lesser than the 4 year stunts that Modi pulled off? And you do NOT have an agenda..yeah, right... 8-)
Well, i asked you what he has done as BCCI president. Not history of India Cements.

He should resign as a BCCI president and go back to doing those things then. They don't need him to be in his office actually and is something many public listed companies do without becoming BCCI president all over the country.

And re the rest of your post. Way to miss the point again.

You are claiming the whole enquiry is fabricated and motivated, Then claiming Srinivasan is the poor target in all of this powerplay. While playing the bogey of Government taking over, as a reason for Srinivasan to not go and also saying That he is better than Modi actually.

But at the same time you claim you are not defending him or taking sides. Yeah, Right. :wacko:

Don't do anything now about Srini, then it becomes a precedent and things go from Worse to even more worse. Don't give 2 hoots whether he comes from Chennai, Delhi or Meghalaya or whether those trying to unseat him come from Kodai Kanal.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No he hasn't. What are you on about ?

Ravi Sawant has asked for his resignation.

Well, i asked you what he has done as BCCI president. Not history of India Cements.

He should resign as a BCCI president and go back to doing those things then. They don't need him to be in his office actually and is something many public listed companies do without becoming BCCI president all over the country.

And re the rest of your post. Way to miss the point again.

You are claiming the whole enquiry is fabricated and motivated, Then claiming Srinivasan is the poor target in all of this powerplay. While playing the bogey of Government taking over, as a reason for Srinivasan to not go and also saying That he is better than Modi actually.

But at the same time you claim you are not defending him or taking sides. Yeah, Right. :wacko:

Don't do anything now about Srini, then it becomes a precedent and things go from Worse to even more worse. Don't give 2 hoots whether he comes from Chennai, Delhi or Meghalaya or whether those trying to unseat him come from Kodai Kanal.
I am not saying the Police are fabricating facts.. I am saying they are only investigating the part of the "fact" that was needed by the anti-NS group.. Big difference.. And if the only thing Modi did was develop cricket in Rajasthan while he was holding a national level position in the BCCI, it actually shows he was being selfish and who knows what tie ups his and his friends' businesses had in those developmental activities? NS has done a lot of good for cricket in Chennai as well but doesn't mean he is good news as a cricket administrator. If you have checked my older posts before all these controversies came out, I have been anti NS as much as anyone here.. It is just that when I point out facts like all this noise is actually not gonna do anything good for cricket in India, you have to jump up and down and allege that I am favoring him, when I have pretty much always been the opposite. Pardon me for having a sense of reality..

And reg. Ravi Sawant, here is the link..

http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/638321.html

Why am I not surprised you have not checked out facts though? :p

And I never said NS is the poor target.. He is being targetted, that is a fact.. And I don't give a hoot as to where he is from as well.. I felt the same waywhen they targetted Modi. Of course, he is NOT a better admin than Modi.,. but neither was Modi better than him. They are all just selfish ****s.. I am just saying that a political power play to oust one **** admin to seat another is not something I am in support of.. Are you seriously saying every other franchise and every other guy in BCCI is clean from all of this? Yeah, right.. 8-)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
you know, SJS, I am not arguing any of those points.. Will Indian cricket be better off without NS? Sure, it might just mean one less crook in the BCCI.. But my disillusionment is that he will almost unfailingly be replaced by ANOTHER crook.. And everytime we think one is the worst, we see the next one come along and be even worse.. It was the case with Dalmiya, it was the case with Modi and I think it will be the case now with NS.. I am just tired of thinking this is some opportunity to do something with the BCCI..

I am not even saying it is wrong to expect NS to resign on moral grounds.. My point is something like that pretty much never happens in Indian politics and Indian sports administration and you know now they are more related than they ever were.. So what is the point? If it simply means we are gonna replace one crook with another, I might as well not care about that.. My real point of interest here is if the CSK and other teams (the players and support staff) were IN on any of these fixes and/or bets.. As long as that does not happen, I just couldn't care less if NS resigns and another crook takes over. It just about does not matter.

I completely agree with what you are saying. It is most likely that we will have one crook replaced by the other. That, however, is no reason to let the incumbent continue. I hear this kind of an argument a lot for Indian politicians and I always give the example of Japan where corrupt/unpopular prime ministers have been replaced one after the other at such short periods that it would appear to be a joke. Between 1989 and 2012 (23 years) Japan changed the Prime Minister 17 times. It doesn't matter that they are disillusioned with the new person in a year or so but they do not allow the person to continue.

We have to be vigilant and keep booting out the corrupt or otherwise unsuitable.

As far as changing the system for the better is concerned I have written a lot about it and would not like to repeat. Just one thing though, we need to guard against applauding the corrupt because they do something right or better than their predecessors. It is what they are supposed to do. I find it amusing when people say Manmohan Singh is good because he is honest. Sorry. Since that is the bare minimum we expect of our prime ministers. The fact that he is honest amongst an unmitigated chain of corrupt politicians is a sad reflection on our political set up not such a certificate of suitability (by itself) for Manmohan Singh.

I feel really sad to see fans applauding Modi for the "great product', Dalmiya for taking India to the top of the international cricket management and so on. The money the board gives to the players including former players or to the centers is money produced by the game. By distributing part of it amongst cricketers and centers is no big deal. This is exactly what they are supposed to do with that money. What we need to do is ask why their is no transparency? Whether the goodies are distributed to cricketers to buy their loyalties and silence? Whether the money is given to centers to buy votes. The J&K CB has a massive multi-million misappropriation case against it and Mr Srinivasan has played a great role in pushing the subject under the carpet. Surely this will be considered one of the reasons for Mr Farroukh Abdullahs amazing pronouncements on the IPL mess. Surprising particularly since the Congress (Mr Abdullah's coalition partners) are clearly distancing themselves from the muck.

So while you are right in that we are likely to get another crook, this is no reason for the fans not to make their anger public and loud enough to be heard by one and all, Srinivasan should go and we should not rest thinking that is a solution for it isn't. The pressure needs to be maintained till the system is changed. Trust me, however small the possibility of an improvement in things, it will never happen without sustained pressure from you and I.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I completely agree with what you are saying. It is most likely that we will have one crook replaced by the other. That, however, is no reason to let the incumbent continue. I hear this kind of an argument a lot for Indian politicians and I always give the example of Japan where corrupt/unpopular prime ministers have been replaced one after the other at such short periods that it would appear to be a joke. Between 1989 and 2012 (23 years) Japan changed the Prime Minister 17 times. It doesn't matter that they are disillusioned with the new person in a year or so but they do not allow the person to continue.

We have to be vigilant and keep booting out the corrupt or otherwise unsuitable.

As far as changing the system for the better is concerned I have written a lot about it and would not like to repeat. Just one thing though, we need to guard against applauding the corrupt because they do something right or better than their predecessors. It is what they are supposed to do. I find it amusing when people say Manmohan Singh is good because he is honest. Sorry. Since that is the bare minimum we expect of our prime ministers. The fact that he is honest amongst an unmitigated chain of corrupt politicians is a sad reflection on our political set up not such a certificate of suitability (by itself) for Manmohan Singh.

I feel really sad to see fans applauding Modi for the "great product', Dalmiya for taking India to the top of the international cricket management and so on. The money the board gives to the players including former players or to the centers is money produced by the game. By distributing part of it amongst cricketers and centers is no big deal. This is exactly what they are supposed to do with that money. What we need to do is ask why their is no transparency? Whether the goodies are distributed to cricketers to buy their loyalties and silence? Whether the money is given to centers to buy votes. The J&K CB has a massive multi-million misappropriation case against it and Mr Srinivasan has played a great role in pushing the subject under the carpet. Surely this will be considered one of the reasons for Mr Farroukh Abdullahs amazing pronouncements on the IPL mess. Surprising particularly since the Congress (Mr Abdullah's coalition partners) are clearly distancing themselves from the muck.

So while you are right in that we are likely to get another crook, this is no reason for the fans not to make their anger public and loud enough to be heard by one and all, Srinivasan should go and we should not rest thinking that is a solution for it isn't. The pressure needs to be maintained till the system is changed. Trust me, however small the possibility of an improvement in things, it will never happen without sustained pressure from you and I.
Well, you know, it is hard for me to NOT be sold when someone like you who genuinely loves the game and loves it inspite of who is playing/running it says all these.. Count me in among those who want NS out :)

I would love to write a long winded post agreeing with each of your points but you know, all I want to say is that I am sold.. I still hate Pawar, Modi and NS and all these goons running the BCCI and I do not think one is better than the other and I still think Mumbai Police are in this ONLY to catch NS and team off.. But if there is one person for whom it is worth changing your stance for in this community, it is you my dear sir. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Well, you know, it is hard for me to NOT be sold when someone like you who genuinely loves the game and loves it inspite of who is playing/running it says all these.. Count me in among those who want NS out :)

I would love to write a long winded post agreeing with each of your points but you know, all I want to say is that I am sold.. I still hate Pawar, Modi and NS and all these goons running the BCCI and I do not think one is better than the other and I still think Mumbai Police are in this ONLY to catch NS and team off.. But if there is one person for whom it is worth changing your stance for in this community, it is you my dear sir. :)
I am soooo very glad to her that my friend. Take care.