• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's better Dravid or Ponting

Who was better Dravid or Ponting

• Total voters

bagapath

International Captain
Australia - Ponting
England - Dravid
India - Dravid
SL - Ponting
SA - Ponting
NZ, WI, Pak - Both pretty much equal

Ponting by a nose, mainly because he was more atttacking.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia - Ponting
England - Dravid
India - Dravid
SL - Ponting
SA - Ponting
NZ, WI, Pak - Both pretty much equal

Ponting by a nose, mainly because he was more atttacking.
And his pull? :p I would give a lot of money to see him play it like he did in his prime. Now he just can't seem to time it as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a huge believer in SR mattering a great deal in tests, but I can understand why people do factor it in.

They were very different players really. Ponting's first instinct was most always to attack. Dravid less so. Dravid was almost a player from another time in a way. You could film him in black and white and imagine him on the field in the 30s or the golden age. Just that bearing to him. He also played fast bowling so late. Was a classical old-school style player. I oved watching him bat. It was sad to see his last series here. He's a proper gent to boot. A class act.

Geoffboycott

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well I'm surprised at the poll results. I thought dravid would have at least 50% of the votes. People oviously don't rate his reliability and sound classical test match technique against pontings somewhat suspect one against spin and swing. I agree with most said about ponting and the way he gets his runs quicker and is more attacking but I just thinking dravids got more to offer the team which makes him a better player.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting has the edge over Dravid in cricket, but Dravid's the better person by a huge margin :p

Both have quite contrasting characteristics actually.

TNT

Banned
Ponting has the edge over Dravid in cricket, but Dravid's the better person by a huge margin :p

Both have quite contrasting characteristics actually.
I would rather have a few beers with Ponting, Dravid does seem to impress the new age sensitive guys though.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ponting seems like a great guy to me. As does Dravid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah reckon Ponting had white line fever as captain, but is otherwise a great guy. Matured a lot with age.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sledger was making the point that he doesn't rate Dravid's batting with that post, and TC takes his wicket keeping comment literally.

Come on TC.