• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kirsten quits as Proteas coach

jan

State Vice-Captain
Great job by Kirsten, no doubt.
So who is gonna take the job after him?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably a good time to go with Shrek spending a couple of months being entirely useless in the IPL and then deciding not to play in the CT. With Smith seemingly on the decline it could be a tricky period, Kirsten would have strong links with both players. So choosing his own family would be an easier decision.

rza

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Decision on the next coach expected in a couple of minutes. It should be Domingo and Donald will assist him. Thats the best decision in this situation.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah Domingo takes over. He was gazza's right-hand-man so I'm confident he'll be competent enough. Add to that he's the ex-warriors coach and I'm pretty satisfied :ninja

Seriously though people shouldn't read too much into Kallis-gate. Just trying to save his body for Tests, imo. Smith out is seriously harsh for our CT hopes though.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Yeah Domingo takes over. He was gazza's right-hand-man so I'm confident he'll be competent enough. Add to that he's the ex-warriors coach and I'm pretty satisfied :ninja

Seriously though people shouldn't read too much into Kallis-gate. Just trying to save his body for Tests, imo. Smith out is seriously harsh for our CT hopes though.
Then why doesn't Kallis just retire from One Dayers altogether then?

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man

It is a big blow... but maybe a chance to get De Kock in, just the sort of attacking flair SA probably needs to get over the line