• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ambrose v McGrath - revisited 2013

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Lots of discussion in the older thread about how different a new one would be, so only one way to find out.:)
Lots of people peeking to see who they voted for last time.

Justo

U19 Debutant
Ohhh ahhh Glenn McGrath!

Ambrose a mighty fine bowler though and very little between them IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does anyone else get annoyed by the fact that kyear2 calls McGrath "Mcgrath" every single time, or should I seek mental help?

I mean, I should probably seek mental help regardless, but I want to know if I should bring this up when I do.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Within the inch of space that the greatest of bowlers belong to - McGrath by a decent amount.

The gap between them is negligible enough not to be of a difference on a practical level but I'd still take McGrath without thinking that very hard.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Does anyone else get annoyed by the fact that kyear2 calls McGrath "Mcgrath" every single time, or should I seek mental help?

I mean, I should probably seek mental help regardless, but I want to know if I should bring this up when I do.
Both. Been saying you need mental help sine I joined CS

Howe_zat

Audio File
McGrath, I think. Australia's dominance rose with a new generation of batsmen piling up as much as they liked on home featherbeds, which they could always get away with because McGrath and Warne would bowl a side out on anything. It's not much of a clear cut so there's bound to be a bit of a dubious reason one way or the other, and that's mine.

The poll also uses the present tense. I think that probably leans it further towards the Australian as well.

Last edited:

Satyanash89

Banned
This whole situation is just watson doing a BCCI... didn't like it when Ambrose won it fair and square, so demanded a recount and now it looks as though McGrath is going to win. Not difficult to work out... watson= Srinivasan :ph34r:

bagapath

International Captain

Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath
Mcgrath

Hope that helps you overcome your problem PEWS. You are a good man. Don't want you to be brought here. It is really tough.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have not yet seen a greater pace bowler than McGrath.Ambrose was a true great it had to besaid but when it came to results Mc Grath was just a wicket taking machine.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Yep, definitely. But I have a far better reason IMO.