• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketer has the best name?

Which cricketer has the best name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stumpski

International Captain

Flametree

International 12th Man
Rectums XI
01. Leslie GAY +
02. Martin LOVE
03. Salman BUTT
04. Doug RING
05. Graeme HOLE
06. Daniel BOTTOM
07. Imran FARHAT
08. Ryan SIDEBOTTOM
09. Len MOON
10. Jack CRAPP *
11. Trevor STOOLE
I believe there was a meeting of the England side with some dignitary in India, where the latter was very pleased to make the acquaintance of "Mr Iron Bottom"

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Tony Grieg once said that he wished he had a name like Nuwan Kulesakara. I had to agree.

watson

Banned
I believe there was a meeting of the England side with some dignitary in India, where the latter was very pleased to make the acquaintance of "Mr Iron Bottom"
I think you're right because Botham's nickname in the dressing room was "Tin Arse" for a while or so.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I always liked Viv Richards because it made it possible for your favourite batsman and favourite mistress to have the same name.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There was a NZer called Cunis, famously referred to by John Arlott viz 'his bowling, rather like his name, being neither one thing nor another'.