• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling: Keith Miller vs. Ray Lindwall

bagapath

International Captain
in all honesty a bowling attack made up of dennis lillee, ray lindwall, glen mcgrath and shane warne is good enough to bowl out any batting lineup. a second xi's attack with spofforth, davidson, miller and oreilly, is also a handful for most oppositions. australia must be one of the very few teams that can field two full teams with 6 batsmen + 4 bowlers + 1 keeper.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeh, you really can come up with two really well balanced XIs.

Trumper
Morris
Bradman
G.Chappell
Miller
Harvey
Gilchrist
Lindwall
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Simpson
Lawry
I.Chappell
Border
S.Waugh
McCabe
Gregory
Healy
Davidson
Spofforth

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year

Trumper
Morris
Bradman
G.Chappell
Miller
Harvey
Gilchrist
Lindwall
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Simpson
Lawry
I.Chappell
Border
S.Waugh
McCabe
Gregory
Healy
Davidson
Spofforth
Ian Chappell over Ricky Ponting? Who's your spinner? Much rather Ponsford have a place in one of these teams too. Also, would bat Harvey at 5, Miller at 6.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

Trumper
Morris
Bradman
G.Chappell
Miller
Harvey
Gilchrist
Lindwall
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Simpson
Lawry
I.Chappell
Border
S.Waugh
McCabe
Gregory
Healy
Davidson
Spofforth
O'Reilly
Spinner would be O'Reilly. I'd prefer Chappelli at 3 over Ponting, but it's just a personal preference. I consider Chappelli to be somewhat underrated as a batsman and I think he was a more complete all round batsman than Ponting (just). Ponsford would be in my third XI. Once he'd have been in my first XI, but my opinion of him has changed a bit.

Third XI might be:

Barnes
Hayden
Ponting
Macartney
Ponsford
Clarke
Grout
Gillespie
Turner
Johnston
Grimmett