• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hardest job in cricket

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I have got your technique sussed, but with this one it seems like after you've lit the firework it has somehow managed to find its way back into the box
It only seems that way because the two ninnies went off line. Probably off saving the World somewhere else.

the big bambino

International Captain
When a significant part of the population that cares about our minority sport are immigrants it's quite ignorant to decide they don't count as part of the population.

Not surprised to see you repeating newspaper wisdom as though you're the enlightened one again though.
Hmmm. When England trot out the minority sport excuse its usually to excuse their losses or accentuate their wins. Imagine, the reasoning seems to imply, if cricket were a major sport like soccer; we'd have won a world cup by now.

However if you're an American then fair enough.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It only seems that way because the two ninnies went off line. Probably off saving the World somewhere else.
WTF, so because I disagree with your opinion on this subject I'm a tree hugging ninnie??

I get that your original comment was said in jest but I'm glad you clarified your opinion and stated there was some seriousness to it. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, I don't agree with you but I'll refrain from calling you names and making assumptions about the sort of person you are.

It's a small world and people move around it, most countries have immigration intakes and procedures to control them. I don't see why a South African Cricketer should be treated any differently to a South African Doctor or Businessman. If they choose to move to the UK and go through the channels to do so, they should be allowed to live and ply their trades. If their skills take them to the top of their profession then good luck to them.

I personally would be horrified if the ECB refused to pick an English resident purely because of their place of birth........that is getting into a very dodgy way of thinking.

Now must fly.........just got word that a whale has beach itself on my local beach.....

Howe_zat

Audio File
It doesn't surprise me that you would try to turn a simple belief about sporting values into something racist. Just isn't going to be a day for surprises I guess.
I didn't accuse you of racism, I accused you of spouting irritating bollocks, sorry for the confusion

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If this is referring to my post which was a harmless, though granted not entirely original, piss take at our inability to produce Test quality cricketers then even the poster knew it was a joke but added (added, get it, no, well never mind) his own agenda anyway.
The nonsense about immigrants not counting was just irrelevant.